“Staff Overwhelmed”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Brownsville, Texas
“Staff Overwhelmed”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Only two servers in restaurant and bar and one spoke limited English and the other spoke essentially no English. We were served because I speak Spanish. Everyone else in the restaurant walked out. Room service was fine, though. Called Housekeeping twice for extra pillows and they did not call back and did not send up pillows. Hotel was full of small cheerleaders and seemed overwhelmed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with the DoubleTree by Hilton Dalla/Richardson and for taking the time to let us know any challenges you experienced. This will help us in providing quality service. I have passed the information on to our Management Team, so it will be addressed. On behalf of the hotel I apologize for any your experience. When travelling to this area I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs and provide quality service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Great value hotel. Comfortable beds with softness regulation. Good breakfast included and the best cookies offered in check in. Attentive service provided by a great team of professionals. Gym could be bigger though.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ingrid I
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I am Diamond HH Member and stayed for two days in February on business trip. Location of hotel is great as it is right off the highway with easy access. Hotel was very clean. Parking was a bit tight as the lot is small. I was given a room on the executive level. Not sure what that gets you as it was a standard king room. Room was very clean with usual Doubletree beds ( one of my favorite beds). Rooms have flat HDTVs with standard selection of channels. Did have central air so AC is nice and quiet. Wifi was free for Diamonds but not the fastest I have used. Received free breakfast each morning. Selection was standard with eggs and meats and cold items. They did also have an omelet station. Quality of the items was good. Not those nasty freeze dried eggs.

The staff were all very friendly and ready to help however they can.

Really couldnt find anything wrong here! For those road warriors that frequent Doubletree hotels you should find everything you expect here. Price is right and location is great if this is where you need to be. This hotel is perfect example of why Doubletree is my favorite Hilton chain! Everything you need and nothing you don't. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We want to thank you for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richardson. It was our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your positive feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Brenda
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend and it was great. Drink tickets for free beverages at the bar because I am HHonors gold. The breakfast was buffet and for some reason they didn't have cooked to order going, but when I inquired about it they asked what I wanted and brought me a great omelet out exactly like I'm used to at Hilton properties. All of the staff were courteous and attentive. Rooms were great. The only thing I'm not crazy about and why not 5 instead of 4 stars is my bed was a sleep number bed instead of the sweet dreams beds I'm used to at DT. Some probably like that - I prefer the dreams.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda W, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, as we are always striving to be the best. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our Hilton Honors amenities. We also have cook to order Monday though Friday for breakfast but I am glad our employee met your needs with a great omelet.
There are only a few sleep number beds left as we are changing over all bedding so please be sure and let us know what your preference is until we have changed the last few rooms.
Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will have you as our guest in the future.
Brenda
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is centrally located and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and quiet and the beds were lovely. The front desk staff was very corgial and the breakfast they offer has a wide variety of delicous foods.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maggie W
Maggie, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. The hotel is centrally located as you pointed out and we pride ourselves in providing high quality of service and cleanliness, so we appreciate you taking the time to note that this is what you recieved during your visit at the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richarson.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 8, 2013

With the exception of housekeeping and a younger female at the front desk, staff is extremely argumentative and dismissive. I just spoke with the general manager to let him know about the issue I personally experienced and it was like talking in different wave lengths. This is not a problem caused by employees, this is the tone set up by management to deal with guests. I have been travelling more than usual during the last two months which has given me the opportunity to experience some hotels that talk about customer service as opposed to the ones that actually offer it. In this property, my room is dark and dated, the bathroom does not have an exhaust fan; it is tiny, dark and poorly lighted. Electrical outlets do not hold the devices when you plug them in. Overall, I am not planning to come back to this property... ever, if I can help it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brenda W, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I want to first apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when staying with the DoubleTree by Hilton Dallas/Richardson. The hotel was renovated in 2009 and carpet was replaced again in 2012. Drapes were replaced January of 2013. I spoke with Engineering and they are checking the guest room outlets to address your challenges. I have also spoken to the Front Desk Manager and he is going to work with his Team to make sure that we comunicate in a positive manner when speaking with guest and any challenges they experience. It is always our goal to offer the highest qualify of service and it is disappointing that you did not experience that. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your hotel needs.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Avoid the romance package at all costs. It over promises and under delivers. The executive lounge is shut at weekends and the so called champagne is nothing but cheap sparking wine. I just got the impression that the staff really didn't give a damn. The breakfast was over run and most things ran out very quickly.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel