“A great value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed on a game weekend as well as while a HS reunion was being held at the hotel, but the desk staff was friendly and helpful, we were checked in quickly, our room was clean, and the free breakfast was tasty and plentiful. There's also a Starbuck's across the parking lot.

The 2-full-bed room we had was quite spacious compared to the nearby, more expensive, Hyatt. Plus it had a fridge and microwave! Those amenities are much more important to me than the pattern of the draperies which I found inoffensive anyway. We will definitely be staying here again. We paid $95/night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for the great review, we had a great weekend that weekend. Lots of happy people, and your reunion was great to join in. We look forward to your next stay

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The DoubleTree in Richardson is in a great spot, easy for places to eat and highways. When I arrived the staff was very nice. Near the elevator there was an odd smell, couldn't quite figure it out. The room was clean, but outdated. The bar staff was nice, but the setup was not great. Overall, I likely would stay there again since it is convienent, but it needs an update.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Thank you for your review, we take all views into consideration and hope we can make things better for you and your next visit.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I will admit I was a little skeptical at first before staying here after reading some of the reviews from this website. Lots of comments about it being old and dirty but I decided to give this hotel a try anyways and I am glad I did.

Granted I am a Hilton Diamond Member and stayed on the top Executive floor but my hotel room was extremely clean and well kept up with. I will agree the bathroom was a very tight fit but I can understand that the hotel is just giving people more value and space for their actual room and not bathroom.

I think the best part was the lobby bar/restaurant. I am usually working late hours so I tend to have to eat at the hotel and don't have the joy of going out to eat. The atmosphere and quality of the drinks and food were beyond what I was expecting. There are some big screen TV's all around the bar area. The actual bar was always usually full but there are plenty of tables and chairs just around the bar that you can sit at and enjoy your food. The menu wasn't limited to only a few options like most hotel bars I have stayed at so the variety is a huge plus.

The Executive lounge for the top floors was one of the best I have been in. It's nothing too fancy but the food up there was always good and so was the service. When you check in you get these "VIP" cards which you can use for alcohol in the lounge and also downstairs at the lobby bar.

I will definitely be back (already booked to come back in 2 weeks) and look forward to my stay and the continued great quality of service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, we try our best to make everyone feel at home and welcome to our house. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room was never really serviced, showing signs of wear is one thing, but it just wasn't taken care of. I also felt as a guest they didn't care for the individual, just maxing out their room capacity. While breakfast and cookies are nice I am there for a good night's rest and some fresh towels to bathe with, and a hello while walking across the lobby. Please begin focusing on your guest's experience. After calli g the front desk and not having issues resolved, it turns you off to the hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My colleagues and I always stay at this hotel for 1-2 weeks in September for work. This year was somewhat disappointing compared to the last three. We stayed for four nights each week and our rooms were never fully serviced. My bedsheets were never changed. There was a small mark in the top right hand corner that never "left." Coffee and bathroom supplies were never fully restocked. One of the days I was in the room when the staff came to service the room. She didn't even have a cart. She sloppily made my bed, and I had to ask for more TP, toiletries, and new towels. Trash was emptied but the separate section for recyclables was thrown in with the rest of the trash. She didn't ask if I needed anything else done. Had I not physically seen her come in, I would never have thought anyone came by.

The front desk staff was friendly, and the fitness and business center seemed to have been recently redone. Hotel is showing some wear and tear in the rooms, but nothing major.

Room Tip: Choose rooms located above the 4th floor unless you want a super awesome view of the roof and a &quo...
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Spent the holiday weekend in Texas & our team stayed at the Doubletree. Having stayed at Doubletrees in the past, I had an idea of what to expect. The wam cookie at check in was scrumptious & the staff at the front desk gave us cookies each night...thank you front desk staff! They were a perfect bedtime snack! The rooms were spacious and was happy that our room had a fridge/microwave. The beds had a sleep number setting but ours wasn't working the best but we did try different numbers for the firmness and I think we decided that 35 was good...not too hard & not too soft. The breakfast buffet was great & I liked how they put the soccer families in an extra room as there were other guests at the hotel. The buffet had a nice selection of food & was glad that it was included in our room rate. One thing that I have to mention is that the housekeeping at this hotel was the absolute pits. We had garbage left in our room each day they cleaned & then there was some things that came up missing. I brought it to the attention of the housekeeping staff & front desk & we were able to work things out but still...a sore spot with me. Towels were scarce & when you have 4 people in a room & they only give you 3 clean ones...well...that doesn't add up. One thing that I did like was that our whole soccer team was on one floor..that was a first for us! There were other teams staying in the hotel so it was nice for all our team to be together. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was in a great location & it was convenient having a Starbucks and Potbelly restaurant that shared the parking lot. Would we stay here again? Yes...but do hope that the housekeeping improves..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you so much for the feed back as we listen to everyone. We are glad you enjoyed yourself beside our short fall in housekeeping. And we are glad you are giving us another chance and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Nice & clean place to stay with comfy bed with sleep number, nice gym, sufficient business center, excellent service from the staffs, most notably from Samantha at front desk who always remember my preference for room with microwave and fridge (I have been staying here for so many times for business). Even better with the upgrade to executive level and executive lounge with free hot breakfast and drinks as HHilton Gold member. The lady at the executive lounge also always provided great services. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your review, we try to exceed our standards and look forward to your next stay