“Better Last Year”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
New Braunfels, Texas
“Better Last Year”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My colleagues and I always stay at this hotel for 1-2 weeks in September for work. This year was somewhat disappointing compared to the last three. We stayed for four nights each week and our rooms were never fully serviced. My bedsheets were never changed. There was a small mark in the top right hand corner that never "left." Coffee and bathroom supplies were never fully restocked. One of the days I was in the room when the staff came to service the room. She didn't even have a cart. She sloppily made my bed, and I had to ask for more TP, toiletries, and new towels. Trash was emptied but the separate section for recyclables was thrown in with the rest of the trash. She didn't ask if I needed anything else done. Had I not physically seen her come in, I would never have thought anyone came by.

The front desk staff was friendly, and the fitness and business center seemed to have been recently redone. Hotel is showing some wear and tear in the rooms, but nothing major.

Room Tip: Choose rooms located above the 4th floor unless you want a super awesome view of the roof and a &quo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Spent the holiday weekend in Texas & our team stayed at the Doubletree. Having stayed at Doubletrees in the past, I had an idea of what to expect. The wam cookie at check in was scrumptious & the staff at the front desk gave us cookies each night...thank you front desk staff! They were a perfect bedtime snack! The rooms were spacious and was happy that our room had a fridge/microwave. The beds had a sleep number setting but ours wasn't working the best but we did try different numbers for the firmness and I think we decided that 35 was good...not too hard & not too soft. The breakfast buffet was great & I liked how they put the soccer families in an extra room as there were other guests at the hotel. The buffet had a nice selection of food & was glad that it was included in our room rate. One thing that I have to mention is that the housekeeping at this hotel was the absolute pits. We had garbage left in our room each day they cleaned & then there was some things that came up missing. I brought it to the attention of the housekeeping staff & front desk & we were able to work things out but still...a sore spot with me. Towels were scarce & when you have 4 people in a room & they only give you 3 clean ones...well...that doesn't add up. One thing that I did like was that our whole soccer team was on one floor..that was a first for us! There were other teams staying in the hotel so it was nice for all our team to be together. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was in a great location & it was convenient having a Starbucks and Potbelly restaurant that shared the parking lot. Would we stay here again? Yes...but do hope that the housekeeping improves..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the feed back as we listen to everyone. We are glad you enjoyed yourself beside our short fall in housekeeping. And we are glad you are giving us another chance and look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Nice & clean place to stay with comfy bed with sleep number, nice gym, sufficient business center, excellent service from the staffs, most notably from Samantha at front desk who always remember my preference for room with microwave and fridge (I have been staying here for so many times for business). Even better with the upgrade to executive level and executive lounge with free hot breakfast and drinks as HHilton Gold member. The lady at the executive lounge also always provided great services. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your review, we try to exceed our standards and look forward to your next stay
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I frequently stay at this Doubletree when I am in town for business but this last time was just extremely unsatisfactory. The room was dirty. The bathroom was disgusting. The tub was dirty and the ceramic was falling off of it. There was hair everywhere (apparently from the last guest) which totally grossed me out. There were crumbs on the nightstand and only God knows what else. The smell wasn't the best either, a rather stale smell. Typically I overlook certain things but I just could not this time around. I contacted the front desk and they apologized and said they would have someone re clean it. I left to return to much of the same EXCEPT the tub was now clean. There still was a dirty towel left and the crumbs were right where I last saw them. There was just so much wrong with this stay I refuse to go into everything as it will probably make me sick to my stomach. I think this may be the last time I stay here. It was pretty good for some time but the condition of this room was unsettling and I don't think I could sleep here again with the memory of just how aweful this stay was. Sorry Doubletree, you really dropped the ball this time. I could potentially move over to Marriott. I have tried to remain a Hilton Hhonors faithful member but I don't think I can anymore. The last time I was in town the Doubletree was sold out and I chose to stay at a Marriott in Addison. It was like night and day. Marriott was very clean, inviting and just everything you imagine when staying in a hotel... Sorry Hilton, the rewards aren't worth it when the rooms are sub par. Who wants to sleep in a Motel 8 "like" hotel just because it's discounted or free with a certain amount of stays???? Certainly NOT me...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We do applogize in falling short of our higher standards. We really drop the ball with you and do hope one day we can make it up to you. DoubleTree's and Hilton as a family has high standards that we follow each day. Again we do wish to make it up to you.and show how we normally operate. Thank you for the feed back so we may not drop the ball again in the future.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My company booked rooms at the Doubletree because it was the least expensive hotel with which we had a commercial agreement. I was surprised that the room rate as low as it was, given the location. The biggest thing that impressed me, however, was the fantastic service - from the desk staff to the restaurant wait staff to the employees who offered you a free cookie. I was asked several times if everything was okay with my room (it was). I would highly recommed this hotel if you are traveling for pleasure or business in the Richardson area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we really appreciate our local accounts from the rates to your breakfast. We hope to see you once again as our guest during your next stay
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have stayed at this DoubleTree twice while visiting my sister in the DFW area, and I have yet to be disappointed! The rooms are spacious, the staff was excellent and accommodating. The breakfast at the restaurant is decent...basic but does the job! Would recommend for a friend to stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CraigBMurray, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. Let us know what we can do different on the breakfast menu.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A nice hotel that is quiet (in spite of its close proximity to the highway) and clean. All staff were cordial and professional. The chocolate chip cookie is a nice touch as always. The breakfast buffet was delicious (bonus points for all the fresh, seasonal fruit). The room was large, clean and comfortable. My room had a Sleep Number matress but I found that the default setting of "50" was perfect. The sports bar was nice as was the gym. The only nit was the bathroom seemed narrow (could barely open the door because it hit the toilet or bathtub.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the extreme review. We do have a very nice breakfast. Sorry for the small bathroom, we felt to give you the room in the bedroom part. We look forward to your next stay.