“Great hotel, good value, nice restaurant on site”

Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel on three different occasions as we have a place of business close by. I'm fairly picky and everytime I have had a very good expierience. I think I paid under $100 and got 2 free drink coupons and a free breakfast buffet. I've eaten dinner and breakfast there before and they were both very good. (Humperdinks is close by and it's OK, but pretty much just a typical bar/bar food.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Chardidy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We strive everyday to provide great service and value to our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 10, 2010

This holiday inn is beautiful inside and out. the location is perfect for access to the many tourist sites and dining experiences the metroplex has to offer... The staff was friendly the rooms perfect. I look forward to my next visit to this hotel

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We recently booked a room at this hotel based on its ratings on Trip Advisor. We arrived early in the morning after an 8 hour flight from Hawaii and were in great need of some sleep. We booked the room for several nights. When we got up in the afternoon and I looked at my pillow, here was a tiny bug crawling on top of where I had slept! I immediately thought of bed bugs, captured the thing and took it to the front desk where we explained we would not be staying here as planned and also did not want to pay for the short stay we had already done. I must say the desk manager was very understanding and refunded our stay for that day and cancelled our remaining nights. I don't know for sure if it was a bed bug, but suspect it was. Fortunately, we were not bitten and I don't think brought any home with us. Anyway, I think a complete extermination is in order for this property. The hotel looks nice from the outside and in the lobby, but the rooms are not very nice. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

As a priority club member this property gives you two free drink coupons. On the coupon is a picture of martinis, beer, wine, etc. The coupon says that it is good for beer, wine, liquor (house brand), soda, and juices. I tried to order a martini and was told the coupons were not intended for that. Why the picture of a martini on the coupon? Why no disclaimer saying what you can't have. A martini is nothing but Vodka or Gin, just pour a shot in a glass with ice and give it to me.

They also recommended Humperdinks for dinner- it was way bad.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Good: Price; service both at front desk and in restaurant ; room very clean. Even talked to the general manager who was in on a Saturday night working hard to make people comfortable due to an unforseen power surge. Very impressed with the service.
Not so good: Freeway noise; slow elevators; small swimming pool and no whirlpool that I could find; odd bathroom layout with small vanity area.
I would return if I could get a room on the side opposite the freeway. Most newer hotel heating systems do not have a fan always on mode that would drown out the outside noise. Too bad.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Whenever I travel on business to Richardson, I always stay at this hotel. I had not been at a Holiday Inn in over twenty years and was surprised at the high quality standards of the hotel. The rooms are always spacious and very clean. I especially enjoy the executive floors. The staff is wonderful. The housekeepers go out of their way to straighten and tidy my toiletries in the bathroom. Betsy in the dining room always remembers what kind of tea I like and serves it to me before I can ask for it. The front desk staff is also great. I don't even stay there that frequently, but I feel like I'm at my home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Texas_reader
Reviewed November 26, 2008

I had to travel to Richardson, TX on business in November of '08. I made reservations at the Holiday Inn Select, choosing this hotel because of its location and price. Upon arrival check-in was smooth and quick and the room was very nice. The in-hotel restaurant was good but as one might suspect a little pricey. The only con to the stay was the absence of any type of breakfast in the morning save the in-room coffee. One other minor point for me was the bedding. The pillows provided were small and perfectly square which I did not like other than that the room was great, well kept and the internet service fast. I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)