“Reasonably decent - nothing scary - quality help”

Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Reasonably decent - nothing scary - quality help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

Good: Price; service both at front desk and in restaurant ; room very clean. Even talked to the general manager who was in on a Saturday night working hard to make people comfortable due to an unforseen power surge. Very impressed with the service.
Not so good: Freeway noise; slow elevators; small swimming pool and no whirlpool that I could find; odd bathroom layout with small vanity area.
I would return if I could get a room on the side opposite the freeway. Most newer hotel heating systems do not have a fan always on mode that would drown out the outside noise. Too bad.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Texas_reader
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2009

Whenever I travel on business to Richardson, I always stay at this hotel. I had not been at a Holiday Inn in over twenty years and was surprised at the high quality standards of the hotel. The rooms are always spacious and very clean. I especially enjoy the executive floors. The staff is wonderful. The housekeepers go out of their way to straighten and tidy my toiletries in the bathroom. Betsy in the dining room always remembers what kind of tea I like and serves it to me before I can ask for it. The front desk staff is also great. I don't even stay there that frequently, but I feel like I'm at my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Texas_reader
Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

I had to travel to Richardson, TX on business in November of '08. I made reservations at the Holiday Inn Select, choosing this hotel because of its location and price. Upon arrival check-in was smooth and quick and the room was very nice. The in-hotel restaurant was good but as one might suspect a little pricey. The only con to the stay was the absence of any type of breakfast in the morning save the in-room coffee. One other minor point for me was the bedding. The pillows provided were small and perfectly square which I did not like other than that the room was great, well kept and the internet service fast. I would stay again.

• Liked — It was close to a major highway and thus easy to get around Dallas area
  • Disliked — Bedding - pillows were too small and no breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2007

We stayed here two nights before moving into a home in the area. The hotel has a very nice appearance and parking is easily obtained.

The room was nice, the bathroom had a pretty look to it with all green walls and flooring and the white fixtures and towels.

The beds were comfortable and the pillows wonderfully large and plentiful.

It was an average stay, the only thing eventful is the desk clerk messed up our bill and overcharged us initially, but luckily I checked and had that fixed easily.

• Liked — bathroom decor
  • Disliked — no complimentary breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2007

Stayed here for two nights while on business. Stayed on 6th floor executive room. Decor is somewhat outdated in the bathroom but the rest of the room looked like it had been redone recently. Everything was VERY clean which is more important to me than modern decor. Food was good at the restaurant. Hotel is near the road which is noisy but didn't bother me too much - ask for a room in the back of the building and you should be fine. Only complaint would be smell of smoke (you can smoke in part of the restaurant) but I saw signs indicating that the property was going completely smoke free the day after we left. Overall a good stay - I didn't have high expectations so I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Smoke smell in restaurant
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank bec060874
Bracknell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2007

I was on a business trip and stayed here for 4 nights. Directions to get here were important as if was my first time here and I was driving a hire car. Check in was excellent and quick. Was expecting phone call soon after and was if was put through without fuss. Bed was hard though but room was not directly facing the highway so noise problem was not evident. Air conditioning unit was loud and was very necessary with the hot temperatures.

I took two evening meals here and as usual the portions were too large. Food was OK. Breakfast was available through a voucher scheme. Selection was OK and cereals were available as required. Generally I was seated by a waiter or waitress at all meals so was able to ask for coffee straight away.

Internet access was freely available. I used the wired capability and the speed was therefore great. Overall this was a good choice of hotel for me especially as I was able to do some shopping after the working day and the location of the hotel in that respect was great. Was also close by to where I was going to work. However, there are alot of restaurants nearby so would have ate out more if I had not been on my own. Parking area was large and check out was also very good.

If I ever go back then this hotel will be on my shortlist mainly due to its good location whether on business or as a tourist (if I had a hire car).

• Liked — Location relative to businesses in the area
  • Disliked — air conditioning
  • Tips/Secrets — check if you are able to use the pool and other facilicities on you key card, check out the local restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2006

Parking was plentiful. Check-in was fast and very courteous. The lobby decor, although well maintained, looked a little dated. Elevators were prompt throughout my stay. The room was typical "no surprises" Holiday Inn, but the soundproofing was poor (with a 10-lane expressway directly outside) and the air conditioner was noisy. The bed was comfortable, but the noise level was really bothersome.

The dining room/bar could have used some new furniture. At dinner, the lone waiter was very polite but was in a mad rush throughout the meal--apparently to ready the tables for breakfast before the restaurant closed for the evening. The entrees, including vegetables, were tasty and filling, but the salad bar choices were unappetizing. The breakfast bar wasn't very appetizing, either, and it took forever for the waitress to appear with coffee.

• Stayed May 2006