Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfabulous stayfront desk stafflobby areaplano arearestaurant staffwould stay againbeds were very comfortableeasy accessstaff was very friendly and helpfulomeletwasherfixturesinnsconsfreewaydallas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I made reservations for 6 couples in the middle of September for OU/TX weekend. We have stayed at this hotel for 10 years...always pleased, recommending it to everyone. Upon arrival, we found that the king size rooms I had reserved were changed to double. We have two men well over 6 feet tall, and a double (not queen) was not acceptable. I had the e-mail where the sales manager asked me if we were requesting king beds, and I responded "yes ma'am". They informed me that this could not be changed because no king beds were available, and the sales manager was not there. I left her a note, but wasn't aware that she wouldn't be back until Monday!! NOTHING was done to make this right. We had breakfast for 2 people on both days. If anything, I think that should have been comped for us. I'm waiting for a response from the sales manager, but so far...NOTHING. I just can't believe there wasn't ONE person in the office who could make this right for us. Frustrating at $121 per night!! We will not be going back to this hotel...nor will we be recommending it in the future. On the plus side, the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Cym20,

Thank you for your review and for letting us know where we may have fell short in regards to your room needs. We always do our best to accomodate any room prefrences that you may have and might have been more limited on some room types because of the TX/OU weekend. Please anticipate a call from someone in our sales department to follow up on your review. The staff and management at the Holiday Inn Richardson wish to see you again and continue to have you as our guest during your time in the Dallas area.

Best regards,

Amjad Asaad

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The outside of the hotel looked nice, the lobby was nice. Things changed once we got into the elevator and on our floor. The hallway decor was old. The actual room is ugly. The furniture is run down, very disapointing for what the room costs regularly. The bed and bedding were good . Comfortable and clean, not the ugly bedspreads some hotels have. We got a half priced deal , and the first thing my hubby said was " I'm glad we didn't pay full price, we would've gotten a refund and stayed somewhere else." My absolute biggest complaint is the odd sink outside of the bathroom. It's a joke. There is no lighting so forget doing your makeup. It's ridiculously small too. I keep looking for another lightswitch because it was so absurd. The coffe pot was a one cup that didn't work. No coffee was available in the lobby that we could see. My husband had to go to McDonald's for coffee. What hotel doesn't provide coffee in the morning? This one! Overall this hotel was a disappointment. I would not stay here again. Go somewhere that has free breakfast and coffee. The lobby and outside fool you.

Room Tip: It's just a room to sleep in. Amenities are not good. Room was ugly. Just pick another hotel. We were shocked that we paid that much for what we got.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear nursejennings,

Thank you for your time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We sincerely wish to extend an apoligy to you that your expirence with us was not as favorable as it should have been. The management and staff at the Holiday Inn - Richardson pride ourselves on providing the very best in service and satisfaction and hope to have the opportunity to be your host again and prove ourselves as the proud service professionals we strive to be. Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention and be assured that we will address the issues that your expirenced.

Best regards,

Amjad Asaad

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We named our own price and got the room for $44 and its a pretty clean building. They have a pool inside and outside but we did not use them. The gym is nicer than other cheaper hotels I've stayed at. When we first checked in, we had a room with two twins, but the lady at the desk said she would switch us to a king room, which was nice since it was my boyfriend and I that were staying in a room together. She was very nice and happily switched us. The only thing I didn't really like is the be is not as comfortable as it looks and on the king bed you get 4 tiny pillows instead of king size. So it's hard to sleep on a tiny pillow when you are rolling in your sleep unless you line up all the pillows in a row. It was nice having free Internet. We did eat at this hotel but we drove to House Cafe which is only 6 minutes away and ate breakfast. They give you big portions for the price.

All in all this is a good value for the price we paid.

• Stayed: June 2013
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking your time to respond and give us your feedback regarding your recent stay to the Holiday Inn-Richardson. We are very glad that your expirence was a pleasurable one and hope that you will use us as your preferred hotel whenever in the Richardson/Dallas area. It is our goal to always surpass your expectations when staying with us!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I reserved a standard room and neither the bedroom nor the bathroom were cramped. The wireless was good but at midnight on the first night of my stay, the wireless stopped working for myself and my many business associates for the evening. On the other side, I pointed out that the in-room coffee maker was broken in my room and the staff was very attentive to replacing it with a working one. The location is convenient, right next to the US75 highway, although this means that there are really no restaurant options within walking distance. This means that unless you drive someplace, you are stuck with the hotel restaurant, which isn't too bad, although the service was "relaxed." The breakfast buffet is a reasonable value with cook yourself waffles and cook-to-order eggs plus fruit, cold and hot cereal and a few other hot items. There is a Starbucks just down the road which is a major plus.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Amjad A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you very much for staying at the Holiday Inn-Richardson during your recent visit to Dallas. You will find that all of our guest rooms are spacious and comfortable and notably larger than average. It is our utmost priority to resolve any issues or concerns our guest may have during their stay in an efficient and timely manner. Information on local restaurants including menus and delivery options can always be obtained at our front desk, our staff is here to assist any needs you may have. We always appreciate learning about anything we can do to improve the complete satisfaction of each and ever guest that we have the pleasure of accommodating!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I passed through the hotel for a week traveling for business and didn’t have any problems. Interaction with staff was minimal and was a neutral experience, neither good nor bad. The room was fine. I thought the placement of the sink was awkward and restricted movement but the separate room for the toilet and shower was spacious. The hotel grounds with the statues and decorations were different and nice. The hotel hallways were very hot but I’ve noticed that with other hotels in the area. For people who like to work out, their gym is one of the best I’ve seen in a hotel even without having free weights. I wouldn't pay full price for a room but with a discount or successful bid it is worth the money.

Room Tip: 2nd and 6th floors are executive floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of the management and staff of the Holiday Inn-Richardson we sincerely appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. We do take pride in our state of the art fitness center and hope that it will be one of the many reasons that you choose our hotel as your "home away from home" during any future trips to the area. Please know that we are always striving to exceed our guests expectations in service and amenities here at the Holiday Inn-Richardson.