“recent stay at dallas (richardson) location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas

Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

i recently had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on a business trip to Dallas/Richardson. I found my room and the Breakfast/evening reception areas to be FANTASTIC! Nothing in this hotel wasn't excpetional - everything a business hotel should be! I can't wait to come back to the hotel on my next business trip to Dallas. with the Rewards points i recd. and the excpetional accommodations, my travel professional will surely hear about your hotel. thank you.

Room Tip: the brand itself has been exceptional, providing phenominal value....this hotel epitomizes what a bu...
1 Thank shasha27
Jenny B, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Shasha27,

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am happy to read that you had a delightful stay at the Newly Renovated Wingate by Wyndham recently! Our goal is to help stand out from our surrounding hotels and be the best in the area. Your feedback speaks volume!

Come on back soon to the Wingate by Wyndham and use your Wyndham points, we will be happy to serve!

Kind Regards,
Atascadero
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My room was VERY clean and QUIET. I even left your housekeeping person a TIP. My only complaint was that the water coming from the sink smelled real swamp like. The staff at the front desk were very nice and very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Chris R
Jenny B, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel with us. Our goal is to create a positive, friendly atmosphere for our guests and were glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your kind words about our housekeeping staff is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on all future trips to the Richardson area. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again.

Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is the worst hotel I've visited in Richardson. I ended up in three rooms within 24 hours of arriving. The first room had an adjoining room and the door to the adjoining room did not lock. Both locks didn't work. I brought this to the front desk staff’s attention and was switched rooms. The next room had a very loud air conditioner that did not cool the room down that night. I waited until I got back to the hotel that afternoon and the room was still not cooling. I had to switch rooms again. In order to switch rooms I had to pull all of my belongings out of the room and then go downstairs with all of my luggage to get a new room key and then haul everything just a couple of doors over on the same floor I started out on. In the last room, the cleaning staff knocked once on my door in the middle of the afternoon and just walked in. This place was horrible. I let the manager know I was upset about the service and switching rooms multiple times and I neither saw nor heard any concern. His response was, “what exactly do you want me to do?” I've never seen such an apathetic hotel manager. The last thing I want is a coupon emailed to me from a hotel I’m having problems with at that moment.

I was upset enough to actually get a refund from the bidding site I used to book the room, which anyone who has used one should know how hard that is to do. The manager told me it was unlikely I would be able to get a refund and that there was nothing he could do. What the bidding site and the manager failed to tell me is that if the manager agrees to cancel your reservation, you can get a refund. I did and I won’t return. Anyone that visits the area or that is thinking of staying at this hotel should take note of how empty the parking lot is compared to all of the hotels that are less than a half mile away on the same road. Also take note of the other complaints about the air conditioning.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff we would like to offer our sincerest apologies to you for the issues you faced during your last stay with us. Your feedback has been addressed and has now been resolved on the proper steps to take when moving guest rooms. Please give me a call directly and I wil be happy to discuss with you about a discount on your next stay. I will personally carefully examine the room in question and will work to bring it up to the highest standards that we try to ensure for every room in our hotel.

We hope that you will give the Wingate Richardson another opportunity to serve you in the future and we promise we won’t let you down.

Richardson Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I made a reservation for my in-laws and received a rate of $75 a night. I got a confirmation number via email. When they checked in, the rate was much higher. My wife noticed this and spent an hour trying to get them to change this before checkout. They would not. I travel quite a bit and will never use Wingate again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Paul D
Dear Paul D.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority. Unfortunately, we were unable to perform to the greatest of our ability during your stay in reference to your miscommunication of rate. I am asking you to please reach out to me directly to discuss. Our front desk agents do not have the capability to over ride rates and I will be happy to dig a little deeper in the miscommunication. As always, every one's feedback is the instrument in improving our operation here at the Newly Renovated Wingate. Please give me a call and I'll personally see to your stay being to the level that we expect for all of our guests.