“Great, clean quiet place”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Norther California
“Great, clean quiet place”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

This is a great place to stay for quiet , clean comfortable , inexpensive

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
ktc34
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Date: July 19, 2009
When it comes to comfort and top shelf service, it's hard to beat the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson. The staff is friendly, the rooms are very nice, and the food is very good. I had a seminar to attend and my family was able to take advantage of the many different malls they are close to.
They also have a nice pool and workout area. Needless to say, I will be staying with them the next time I'm in Dallas.

1 Thank ktc34
houston
Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is a great hotel just north of Dallas. The service and amenities were far above expectations and it is located less than 5 minutes from tons of resturants. Easy access to all parts of the city or great for just passing through!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank travelbuffhouston
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 18, 2009

When I first walked in I was immediately greeted and everyone was all smiles. The lobby was very clean and had a modern theme to it. Check-In was easy and fast and I was in my room in less than 5 minutes. I was surprised by the size of the room and it had a lot of space to move around in. Nice flat panel TV and it was easy to get on the free wireless network. I travel to Dallas a lot and will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while helping her sister move to Richardson in late May. The amenities at the hotel and the hotel itself are very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms are modern and clean.
However, the walls in the facility are extremely thin. Just before midnight, with the television on a low level, we could hear a party in the hall noisily entering their rooms. Just after midnight we could easily hear the party in the room next to us and in other rooms on the floor.
We complained to the hotel staff about an hour later and they moved us down the hall. However, at 4 am we were awakened by the same people, who were standing in the hall. Management later comped the room.
We learned it was a wedding party, and the hotel had to call Richardson police to get them to calm down and go to bed.
Other than the thin walls, this hotel was nice and is recommended if you need to stay close to the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AHVMP
boilermakers00
Reviewed July 8, 2009

The staff at this hotel are always top notch. The rooms are very clean and a great place to go to after a long day working on the road. I have stayed at many hotels in the area and now this one is the only one I go to.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
dallas tx
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Our power like most of Plano was out due to the storm. We didn't have power for the full day and later that night we decided it wasn't coming back on anytime soon. We called around hotels like Homewood, Candlewood, Hyatt and even La Quinta all of which had a flat rate of $159/a night. They inflated their prices since they knew we wouldn't have much choice. We finally called the Garden Inn and they said while it is normally $159 they were giving families breaks due to the power outage. The price was $110, which was still a bit high for a last minute expensive but we booked it anyway. Being that they were the only ones to actually acknowldge that we didn't ahve any power. They were extremely friendly when we checked in. It seemed that half of Plano ended up here as well. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We did ha ve breakfast there and I thought it was compiementary. I only had a bagel, my son had a yogurt and my boyfriend did have a omlete. It was a total of 25 bucks for breakfast! We did not stay here the next two nights only because we needed a kitchen. I wish we would have stayed here longer (isntead of checking in at 9) so we could have enjoyed the pool! It was very nice!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson? Share your experiences!