“Dallas Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Enjoyed Stay Clean, well maintained Rooms Excellent restaurant and friendly staff Breakfast menu was excellent with huge selection. Prompt courteous service Will definitely stay again Excellent location, easy to get to

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and especially nice to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. Our cooked-to-order breakfast and buffet are what truly sets us apart from other hotel breakfasts, and it's always nice to hear when our guests enjoy it. My team and I sincerely appreciate the great feedback, as it lets us know we're on the right track!

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay when visiting family in Richardson. It is super-convenient and well-kept. This time my grandson stayed with me and we felt welcome. We loved the pool and hot tub. It is a good value!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

How wonderful that we're your favorite place to stay when visiting Richardson! We appreciate you continuing to choose our hotel, and thank you for the great feedback. So glad your grandson also enjoyed his stay - and I'm especially glad you were able to enjoy some time at our pool and spa, which are popular spots year-round!

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

When we first arrived my first impression of the hotel was, its very pretty, very nice and clean. We were there a couple of hours before check in and they gave us a room immediately. The rooms were HUGE, the beds very comfy. The staff was probably the nicest of any hotel we have ever stayed at.. we were in and out several times over the weekend and every time we passed someone they asked how we were and just went out of their way to be nice. The only problem was on our first night they were hosting a 50th birthday party in the banquet room downstairs. We were on the 3rd floor and our bed and floor were literally shaking. We could hear word for word everything the DJ and other people were saying over the mic. The music was so loud! We laid there waiting and waiting for it to stop so we could finally get to sleep. Finally at midnight they turned everything off. Its a nice hotel but I'd make sure they arent hosting any events or parties before booking. The floors and ceilings are apparently very thin. We also heard a small child running all around the floor above us most of the day and into the early evening.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, and my team and I appreciate you choosing our hotel. While it appears you overall enjoyed your stay, I apologize for the noise issues you experienced in your room from an event in the ballroom downstairs. I can understand how frustrating that was and on behalf of my team, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Our guests' comfort and satisfaction is our primary concern, and as such, we continue to take a very proactive role in addressing noise issues within the hotel. We are researching additional sound-proofing measures, including additional insulation between floors, that we plan to initiate in the near future. If there is anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask - we will always do our best to accommodate you.

Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

very good value for quality of rooms. was arranged as part of a wedding so it was part of a package deal but overall good location, good value for a Hilton hotel. Full American breakfast as part of room price made the value even a better deal. Hotel has everything you need for a family visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm especially glad to hear you enjoyed our cooked-to-order full American breakfast, as that's definitely something that sets us apart from the standard continental hotel breakfast.

I've forwarded your comments to my team, as we all enjoy guest feedback. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were pleasantly greeted upon arrival. Thanks to Laurissa and Julie we received print outs to help us navigate to our destinations, and discounts, as a result of business at UT- Dallas and the hotel's weekend savings. Of course, we were thrilled with having to pay less than we expected, and very thankful for these staff members who cared enough to brighten our day after a long trip from North Carolina to Texas . We certainly enjoyed the delicious cookies that were available to guests. Our room was clean and comfortable. We slept well. The internet worked without any problems in our room. However, I did experience a minor problem with the wireless service going in and out in the business center. We definitely plan to stay at this quality hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

What a great review, and welcome from North Carolina! Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we so appreciate you choosing our hotel. As a preferred hotel for UT Dallas, we see a lot of families and incoming/returning students during this time of year - we're glad you enjoyed our service and accommodations. I've forwarded your comments to my team - including Julie and Laurissa - as they will all enjoy the great feedback.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

big and roomy room. ice box with microwave. nice beds. small bathroom. towel rack in the shower! not enough towels. out away from places. have to drive 4-5 miles to the nearest store or fast food place. very freindly staff willing to help and go out of ther way too!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for the review, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I've forwarded your comments to my housekeeping team to ensure we are always providing adequate towels and toiletries in all guest rooms; should you ever need additional towels or other items, please do not hesitate to ask.

Additionally, we offer a complimentary guest shuttle serving destinations within a 5-mile radius of the hotel should you wish to run an errand or explore the area.

Many thanks again for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for a night or two before and have always enjoyed it but this time was really special.
We stayed here for 6 nights while visiting Dallas, to visit our daughter and help her work on her efficacy apartment. We had come in late on Monday night as we had been visiting relatives in La. for a few days and we were really tired. We had the handicapped roll in shower room as I am sometimes in a wheelchair or use a walker because of an ongoing disease. From the moment we came in on Monday night at about 9:30pm till the time we left on a late check out on Sat. the 29th every staff member or manager we came in contact with us treated us as family. All we had to do was ask and it was right there. I had extra pillows in my room as requested and we had ice packs that had to go in the freezer every night and every morning. The staff was great about doing that for us. Both the evening staff and the morning staff was wonderful.
We had the full breakfast ever morning, the servers, the grill cooks, and even the chef who brought my eggs out one morning ( because I had asked for them to be cooked in a special way and they had to be re-done ) were as nice as could be. I had a physical setback while we were in Dallas and I had to use my wheelchair from Wed. afternoon on, the breakfast staff were more than willing to get me everything I wanted so that my husband could concentrate on his breakfast. The breakfast buffet included what you wanted from the grill eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. They had oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, all the fresh fruit you could want ( blueberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple). All kinds of items to toast, and lots of muffins and pastries.
We also had dinner at the hotel 2 nights, (they have a bar and full restaurant), the bar and servers again were friendly and extremely friendly. The employees that we passed in the hall and the housekeeping staff were also wonderful.
We even meet the Special Events Manager one night and were talking to her as she grabbed a bite to eat. We were discussing knee and joint problems and the next day on our way out she stopped us and gave me some juice to try for my joints.
The rooms were clean, as was every part of the hotel. Our room was comfortable and beds adjusted from soft to firm. They had all kinds of events going on in the hotel and yet we felt like we were the only ones they had to take care of. My complements to the manager and staff and we will be back every time we are in Dallas. Which will be more often now since one of our daughters lives there.
If you are ever in Dallas and want a great hotel that has easy access to most of the highways that will get you to the Allen Outlet Mall and other great shopping, to downtown, to Plano, or any other part of Dallas then you need to pick The Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor - handicapped room and it was roomy and easy to use in my wheelchair