“5 Star amenities 3 star price.”

Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
“5 Star amenities 3 star price.”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed at in a very long time. This place is quiet, and the beds are amazing. Nice location, bring your golf clubs to hit the driving range. Nothing bad to say about this place whatsoever. Great A++ hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thanks very much for the great review, and we’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you’re able to enjoy some time on the golf course next time you’re in the area – we’re fortunate to be convenient to several courses.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We came to Richardson to take our daughter to visit UT Dallas and reserved a night at the Hilton Garden Inn. What a fantastic hotel! Our king suite was immaculate and very comfortable. We enjoyed having two televisions. Our room had a view of the university and was very quiet . The lobby is beautiful as well as the outdoor gardens. Our daughters enjoyed ordering room service. Robin brought their meals up and could not have been more friendly and helpful. My daughters were sad to leave after one night and wished Robin could come with us to the next hotel in Fort Worth! The front desk was also very accommodating when we requested extra towels. Both Robin and the front desk staff called our room to see if we needed anything further. We look forward to breakfast in the morning and definitely recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone looking for a hotel in the Richardson area. If our daughter ends up attending UT Dallas, this will be our hotel of choice. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review, and I’m so glad you chose our hotel during your visit to UT Dallas – and even better that you had a view of the campus from your suite! My entire team and I all work hard to provide the best experience possible, and so appreciate guest feedback. I’ve forwarded your comments to my team – including Robin – as they will enjoy the great remarks. I hope you also enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning, along with a fresh cup of Starbucks coffee!

We certainly hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the fall if your daughter chooses UT Dallas (a fantastic school – and we might be a little biased!), or if your travels bring you back to the Richardson area.

Thanks again for the review, and thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is one of the best Hilton Garden Inns I have ever experienced. When I first booked my stay I thought my daughter would be with my husband and me; however, my daughter decided to stay home. When I called to change from two queen beds to one king, the person at the front desk said he would upgrade me to a suite for the same rate.

When we arrived, we were greeted by name. We were really tired after a long drive from Lubbock. The sleep number bed was really comfortable and of course my husband and I could adjust each side to what we liked.

Our suite had two flat screen TVs. The one in the living area was at least a 42" TV. The room also included a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. In addition, we had two breakfast coupons for the made to order meal we enjoyed each morning. The food was a real treat because you could order off of a menu or enjoy the buffet.

I wish we could stay at a hotel this nice on all of our trips. You really get a lot of value for the money you pay at this Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor and found it to be very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Red Raider Fan
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you very much for the very thorough review! I am so glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us over Memorial Day weekend, and especially appreciate that you found our hotel to be “one of the best Hilton Garden Inns (you’ve) experienced.” Wow! My team and I work very hard to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests, and it is always rewarding to hear from satisfied guests.

Glad to hear you were able to experience one of our suites – the extra room is always nice, especially after a long trip in the car! We will always do our best to accommodate our you whenever we can.

Many thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

Dallas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Clean rooms, great location, staff not very smart. I had 10 people fly in from out of town for my wedding. The hotel kept telling the guests the incorrect room rate, they put their luggage in the wrong rooms, gave them keys to a room where a guest had not checked out yet. We also made goodie bags, none of which were given to the guests. The guests' rooms were moved around instead of all being on the same floor/wing to stay with the wedding party. No one from the customer service desk had any explaination as to why booking a room was such a difficult task or why they would moving people to a smoking room.

Also, if you plan to have your wedding here, expect to be the one who keeps up with all the menu's and details and kcopies of all agreements. Their coordinator was unable to keep track of menu items we revised or honor our agreed upon contract. I wanted the cocktail hour food to be butler passed (which was stated in the contract) this did not happen. we also requested that the hotel staff serve the buffet, which also did not happen. I'm not sure then why I was charged a huge service charge for services not rendered...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for posting your review, and on behalf of my team, I do apologize for the miscommunication that arose during your stay and wedding. It is our goal to have every guest leave the hotel with the intent to return, and I sincerely hope you will give us another chance. Although you and I have already spoken about your event, should you wish to discuss your experience further, you are always welcome to contact me directly: terry.martinez@magnolialodging.com

Thank you again for posting your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

Clearwater/Tampa Bay Florida
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times while traveling to Plano on business. It is very clean and comfortable and the staff goes above and beyond with their Customer Service. You are greeted with a smile every time you enter the lobby - from outdoors or from your room. One of the manager's even made a point on this trip of coming to our table during breakfast asking if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. The lobby breakfast is reasonable and very good - and again the service from the wait staff is great. Highly recommend this hotel for business or personal travel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ClearwaterJen
Thank you very much for the great review, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, and especially enjoy positive feedback from repeat visitors. We work hard to deliver a personalized experience for all of our guests, and enjoy hearing when we’ve hit the mark. I’ve forwarded your comments to my team, as they will also enjoy reading your review.

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed here for business. Friendly staff, nice lobby. I had a room with a king sized bed, the room was actually quite large. There was a mini fridge which I like. The free wifi was mediocre at best, the signal was spotty and the speed was pretty slow. I would have rated this hotel one level higher expect for an incident. When I arrived, it was almost 10pm and I was exhausted. I put my stuff away, did what I had to do to prepare for meetings the next day, then got ready for bed. Because it was late and I was tired, I just pulled back the blanket far enough to get in and I was off to sleep. The next morning when I got up, I discovered that there was a blood stain on the sheets that I hadn't seen when I went to sleep, it was quite obviously a menstrual blood stain which means that the sheets weren't changed from the last visitor to me (I'm male). This is a pretty gross thing, but it was obviously the choice of one maid and certainly isn't the policy of the hotel. I ended up not reporting this to the manager because I was in a rush that morning and when I got back the sheets had been changed. I'm sure they would have done something for me if I had complained, but my schedule was so packed I just didn't have the energy to pursue it.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel but just be sure to look at the bed linens more closely than I did before you go to sleep (probably good advice for any hotel).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, and on behalf of my entire team, I would like to apologize for the stained bed linens. This is absolutely unacceptable, and I am very sorry your stay was marred by this oversight. I have discussed this incident with my team, including the housekeepers, and reinforced the high standards to which we must always remain accountable. We want every guest to enjoy their experience at our hotel, and to check out with the intention to return. We pride ourselves on delivering superior hospitality, and are truly sorry that we missed the mark this time. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, I invite you to contact me directly at teresa.martinez@magnolialodging.com.

Again, thank you very much for posting your review, and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Should your travels bring you back to the area, I do hope you will return to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

Hewitt, TX
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very good customer service. Small, but very nice indoor pool and whirlpool. Breakfast was excellent and the service was superb. Artwork / photographs of Texas icons throughout with an informational guide provided.
Definitely worth a repeat stay.

Room Tip: something in the pool (salt?) tarnished my silver jewelry; be certain to take any jewelry off before...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thanks very much for reviewing your stay, and we’re so glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Our indoor pool and spa are indeed saline; saline pools require fewer chemicals vs. traditional chlorinated pools, and are therefore a greener solution.

I’m glad you enjoyed our art collection and Texas Icons portraiture – we are very proud of our collection and feel it truly sets us apart from other hotels.

I’ve forwarded your comments to my entire team, as I know they will appreciate your feedback.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson? Share your experiences!