“Aboca's Italian Grill”

Dining options: Reservations
NoWhereButTexas
“Aboca's Italian Grill”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Aboca's is a very nice casual dining experience. The food is very good and plentiful! If you leave hungry, it's your own darn fault! And it's BYOB too.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jerry K

Dallas
“Consistently great, over and over (and over) again!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We eat at Aboca's about every other week. I suffer from a food allergy to anything in the capcaisin (pepper) family, but I can eat at Aboca's with absolute confidence because Arthur and his amazing staff take the time to make sure that my dietary needs are always covered. Every meal. Every time. And while that's wonderful, the reality is that the food is consistently great as well.

We've been eating at this restaurant for several years now, and there isn't a bad choice on the menu. Any fish dish is always fabulous, especially with the lemon butter sauce. Their shrimp scampi is out of this world and we've had many friends share this dish and be amazed at how flavorful and unique it is! The Chicken Carciofi with artichoke hearts is delicious, I order it frequently because it's a favorite, and it is always good. I am surprised to see some reviews that describe the food as otherwise, and urge them to try the restaurant again. I'm sure they will be glad they did.

Our thanks to Arthur and those such as Maria, Jason, Joey, and the others who always take such good care of us. If you like Italian, this has got to be the place for you!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AussieLady210
Richards, Texas, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local delic Italian”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've eaten in and taken food to go at this local Italian place in Richardson. I have never been disappointed, the food is alway hot, quick and delicious. The bread is to die for and served with olive oil. Bonus as it's next to the new Alamo Draft House. BYOB!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ArchiAmy
Texas
“Sandwich is all bread-tasteless”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

First I need to say that the servers and staff were very very good. But one goes to a restaurant to eat and that is where my meal made this a one star rating.

I ordered the chiabatta sandwich with parmesan chicken. Oh trust me it looked huge. It was but it was all bread. What they need to so is take the same amount of bread, divide it into four and then put in the chicken. The bread was so very thick. Very chewy. I get rolls at Tom Thumb and Kroger's that have excellent taste--even Subway's breads are a million percent tastier than at Abocas.

Then you have the problem with the chicken. Rather tasteless. No spices. They must be afraid to use salt to enhance the flavors. This is the type of place who could use some help from one of those chef's on Food network who comes in and tells the chef [who of course thinks his food is great] that it has no taste at all.

They need to find different bread, season the chicken to enhance its flavors, cut down on the portion, add one side as part of the meal and they might do better.

I understand that this is the kind of place folks like to go to because they are more interested in seeing a lot of "stuff" on their plate. Not me.

• Visited November 2013
Plano, TX, USA
“Excellent Italian Restaurant at Fair Prices”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant with a full menu. It is also a place where you may bring your own wine. I have been here twice and I recommend it. It is at SW corner of U.S. 75 and Belt LIne Road in Richardson. The owner is very friendly and tours the restaurant regularly to assure that diners are satisfied.

• Visited August 2013