“Chinese New Year's Dim Sum lunch Feb. 2013”
Review of Kirin Court

Kirin Court
Ranked #21 of 420 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Fort Worth, Texas
“Chinese New Year's Dim Sum lunch Feb. 2013”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A group of us went to Kirin Court on Sunday for Dim Sum after reading the reviews here. Overall it was fine, but there were problems. The staff was terrific and all the servers were friendly and helpful. The food was inconsistent from dish to dish.

Perhaps because it was such a busy day, most every hot dish served from the carts was room temperature if not cold. On a normal day, we would have sent it back, but we figured it had been cooked long before we arrived and it would do no good to send it back for another try. It was not acceptable to eat food that should have been hot, served way cold. This was a major flaw and I wonder if its that way on non-holiday days??

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dave_and_Susan

• Arabic first
Richardson, Texas
“Nice new experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went with a group from work for lunch and really enjoyed the experience (this was my first time). The Dim Sum was great and the service was friendly, timely and professional. We didn't order off the menu, we just took what looked good from the Dim Sum carts which was fun. They've got some interesting food to choose from so you either need to be brave, or go with people that know Dim Sum....I found the chicken feet to be pretty "interesting"... Try the sticky rice - that was really good

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank AFL95
Frisco
“Best Dim Sum this side of Chinatown.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been here several times for the Sunday Dim Sum brunch, which is awesome, but what made me decide to white this review was the dinner I had here last Saturday night. We ordered off the menu and had an culinary treat beyond expectation. We ordered the crispy roasted duck (the best duck I've ever had), soup and several items off the dim sum menu. This was the first time I have ever tried the pan fried sticky rice and it was awesome as well.

The Sunday brunch is awesome but be prepaired to wait as the line will be around the corner. You know a Chinese place authentic when most of the clientele are Chinese.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank MSMCIB
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Dim Sum!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place is great! Went 2 days in a row! Aside from the carts of dim sum, they also had a "food line" where they make potstickers on the spot, turnip cakes, or chinese broccoli, or stews, etc....can't wait to go back!

• Visited October 2012
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Chinese food with a difference”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Kirin Court Chinese Restaurant- Dim Sum & Banquet

I enjoy Chinese food as much if not more than Mexican! Don’t ask- it is far too complicated for me to answer as to my food favorites. I visited Kirin for the first time this past week for lunch and found Kirin a dramatic change to the standard Chinese buffet. The hungry guests are seated and the primary waiter takes the drink order, leaves an open ticket and brings the drinks to your table. One is able to venture to the rice / pasta table and retrieve an assortment of accoutrements as side dishes to the main entrees provided by wondering waiters. The difference of this Chinese restaurant to its peers is of particular note: there are vegetables but not a lot. The wondering waiters provide various Chinese servings placed on a lazy-Susan at center table which the guests may partake of. The servings consist of fish, chicken, pork or beef. As the waiters place servings on the table they add the number and type of servings to the open ticket. A word of caution here; egg and or spring rolls are hard to come by and I am not sure why. Our table ordered spring rolls but after some time we canceled our order, it was rumored the rolls were only available early each day. I will go back, this dining experience is one not to miss!

• Visited September 2012