“Great BBQ!!”

Good for: Families with children
Wylie, Texas
“Great BBQ!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I frequent Sonny Bryan's at Campbell and Coit. There are several other locations around Dallas, but aside from this location and the Inwood location, they don't measure up. You just can beat the brisket, pulled chicken, pull pork, or turkey. The sweet potatoes are the best! Also the service is super friendly. All in all, Sonny Bryan's at Campbell and Coit is our favorite BBQ in all of Dallas.

• Visited November 2011

Baltimore, Maryland
“reliable barbq”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

First, its definitely not the inwood rd location, growing up in dallas that is/was the place for barbq. That location is still best. I travel to Dallas about once a month and alternate between here and the blue goose cantina for dinner if its a one night trip. Brisket is reliably good, sausage is good, who in their right mind would buy pork bbq in Texas, stay away from it, go to Memphis or MS if you want good pork. Fried okra is my favorite side, slaw is good, BBQ sauce is as good as ever. Banana pudding is darn good to. Self serve drinks and condiments. When they walk around with hot fresh yeast rolls its a plus

• Visited July 2011
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“ReVist to Sonny's Smokehouse”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

After being away for a time we decided to pay another visit to Sonnys. The outside dining section has now bene enclosed. There are specisl on manay days. I have to agree with the previous revieweri, there are better bar b q places in the Dallas area. I had ribs this time and they seemed to have been cooked earleir and just warmed. They were not all that tender. The vegetables were just OK and nothing to rave about. There must be a vast employee turnover at this location as we never seem to find the previous employees working when we visit. I noticed ribs on the grill beign warmed when I picked up our food. Warming and rewarming these meats does nothing for the flavor and usually dries out the meat. I also had sausage and it was very greasy.

• Visited March 2011
Richardson, Texas
“Average, average, average”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I remember clearly when Sonny Bryan's opened in Richardson. I love great BBQ and had eaten Sonny's prior to this date.

Now that I know terrific BBQ, I never go to Sonny's. The BBQ is average. I know it is a Dallas institution but it is average.

The Frito BBQ pie is not bad but that is the only thing I eat there. Such a shame.

• Visited January 2011
Dallas, Texas
1,727 restaurant reviews
“Good neighborhood bar-b-q place”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This restaurant seems to getting busier each week. The "outside" dining area has been renovated and is now enclosed and air conditioned---a must for Texas. The food is good. Drinks and condiments are self serve. Specials for lunch each week day.Pulled port we find is very good.