“Awesome customer service”

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
Ranked #3 of 10 Fun & Games in Richardson
Reviewed December 8, 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit. There were 4 adults and 1 child (age 3). I reserved my tickets online for the noon showing of penguins of Madagascar. Once we arrived at the theater, we were greeted immediately and received our tickets. The girl did a quick overview of how it worked and the rules. Once in the theater, which was very clean, our awesome waitress greeted us and showed us the ordering process. All the food we ordered was great, slightly pricey- but that is expected when going to the movies. Our food came quickly, drinks refilled when requested and ticket arrived before the credits. I look forward to returning on a date night, as I love the idea of kid free movies in the evening :)

All reviews
"movie started"
"huge bowl"
"sound quality"
in 2 reviews
"service is always top notch"
"red light"
"fun date"
"reserved seats"

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Alamo Drafthouse. Several reasons I see it as the quintessential move-going experience. First, they have the major current movies showing, but they also consistently show old movies, classics, having sing/quote-alongs, and have comedy events where comedians make fun of certain movies. Furthermore, during certain premieres, Alamo goes the extra mile with decoration, photo-opps, etc.

Showing up early is a treat as they will have various related cartoons, videos, and old commercials playing.

Their food selections and quality are impressive for an in-theater experience. Adult-milkshakes are excellent, and they even serve a local coffee brew.

Excellent.

Reviewed December 5, 2014

Was in town for business and had the chance to travel with my wife for a change. Decided to check out the Alamo for the "Action Pack: Elf Quote-Along". Glad we did. You can read about the event on the web page. The entertainment before the movie was enjoyable and put the crowd in the right frame of mind to participate during the movie. Screen/picture quality wasn't as good as other theaters but we weren't there for that. The food and beverage service was prompt and the food/drink menu was quite varied. We ordered wings and a hot dog dish that were good, not great. I don't care for breaded buffalo wings, but that's just me. The drinks were tasty although a bit pricey. Not horribly so but don't expect cheap drinks. It was the fun atmosphere that made the visit worthwhile. The employees we talked with at the theatre before and while at the venue were friendly and helpful. We'd go back. Especially for one of the Action Pack events. Worth a try if you haven't been. Be aware that it was almost sold out on a Thursday night. I strongly recommend buying tickets in advance.

Reviewed December 4, 2014

Food served to you while watching a movie...what more can one ask for. They also have a no cell phone policy which is nice. Movie for two, medium sized pizza, pitcher of beer and chips w/ queso...came to about 60 dollars.