“Not Organized”

La Madeleine French Bakery
Ranked #2 of 9 Bakeries in Richardson
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The last time I went to a Madeleine the food was great, the service was great, the eating experience was great. NOT AT THIS STORE!
The Only reason why it got 3 stars is the food was great. The store is VERY UNORGANIZED! Even placing your order was confusing. Some people got in a line, others did not. If you got in line there were other things you could have had if you got into the other line. They hand you this large wooden spoon, and you are to figure out what to do with it. The service was awful, the staff was not friendly, even after I told them that I had not been to this restaurant before... they offered NO Help in trying to figure out how to order.

I would NOT go back to this store. Not all La Madeleine restaurants are alike. Some are really very nice. Just not the one in Richardson, Texas.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Food is good service is fine. Everyone smiles location and seating is good. We eat here at least once a week.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I agree with the other reviews on here. La Madeline used to be considered a special treat kind of place. Not any more. Hand-made fresh Caesar salads used to be there claim to fame but that was two decades ago. Now we have Corner Bakery that has vastly better food and better deserts! The marketing staff needs to re-invent this chain.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I needed a dessert after my light meal at lunch so I popped into La Madeleine. I ordered a bag of oatmeal-raisin-pecan cookies and a slice of coconut cake. I gave the cookies to my co-workers, but I ate the coconut cake. It was super moist and loaded with flavor. Felt like I was on a tropical island. Convinced that I will order a WHOLE coconut cake for Easter brunch.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

The Richardson location should be visited more often by the restaurant inspection people. I have seen too many dirty hands in the wrong places to suit my liking. Other locations are quite good.