“vegan food that anyone can love <3”
Review of Veggie Garden - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having gone vegan/vegetarian this year, I was so excited to find a place that served vegan/vegetarian food close to work/home. I must say I was expecting subpar americanized chinese food with faux meat that was tough and not so tasty, but it was a definite surprise to find that it was all awesome. It's such a great option to have when you're missing meat,and want something a little heartier and different than salads, veggie wraps, or whatever random vegetarian dish you can find in the area, or may have concocted for your lunch. There is something here for you whether you're craving greasy americanized food(without the grease of course), or authentic chinese food. Can't really go wrong the crispy pan fried noodles or any of the soy chicken dishes. Veggie Garden, please make your Kombucha to go too! :)

VeggieGardenDFW, Owner at Veggie Garden, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thanks for the kind words and congratulations on becoming vegan! It's the best choice you will ever make for yourself. Our executive chef is always trying to find new ways to make our customers happy, I am glad we could make your vegan lunch experience enjoyable. Regarding the Kombucha, we are looking for a stable supplier as the one we had in the past could only brew in small batches and could not guarantee delivery all the time. Hope you signed up for a reward card and if not, sign up next time you stop by!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

As a vegan/vegetarian for almost 35 years, I can assure you that you're getting the tastiest vegan food for the price, and it's very creatively prepared. The owner is extremely meticulous about the dishes she selects and serves. Everything is nutritious as possible and no animal suffered and died for your meal. That makes it taste even better.

David Howard
Founder and President
Kinder Harbors Animal Sanctuary
August 31st, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant! We always appreciate kind word at Veggie Garden. Our executive chef, Jimmy Leung, was professionally trained and worked at some of the finest restaurants in Hong Kong. We are lucky to have him creating the fine Cantonese vegan fare he does! I hope you continue to enjoy our cruelty free menu and good luck with the sanctuary.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Quite tasty hot sour soup, good choices with "vegan" meat, etc. Honestly, I didn't miss the meat - the tofu substitute was tasty and better than tough meat. Best of all, my friend had lots of choices (as did I).

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to review our restaurant! It is always good to hear from open minded individuals who are willing to try a different type of cuisine and even better when they enjoy it! Hope we will see you soon...

Reviewed December 11, 2011

i LOVE veggie garden! this has to be the best chinese food ever! there is a great buffet everyday from 11-3 (not completely sure about the times, so call to check), but don't overlook
dinner. a very extensive menu to chose from AND they also deliver within a reasonable radius. the place is super clean and bright, food is reasonably priced, and bonus, veggie garden is vegan owned and operated so you know exactly what you're putting in your belly...plant based meat analogs, tofu, lot's of fresh veggies in scrumptious sauces...oh, i'm getting hungry just thinking about this little slice of heaven! it's a must try if you really, really wanna get your food groove on!

2  Thank susan f
Reviewed October 26, 2011

As someone who has dined here before, I learned that the Veggie Garden had a recent change in ownership. I went to the buffet lunch there today, and all I can say is: What a fantastic difference! The food is very good and the restaurant has a bright new look! They've increased the number of dishes available in the buffet and have increased the seating in the room. Some of my favorite dishes: Ocean Tofu, the Curried Potatoes, and a dish with mushrooms that is in a very tasty sauce. The new owner told me that she hired 2 very experienced chefs and you can definitely tell the difference. The daily buffet is under $10, the food is vegan, and the restaurant is on the north side of Arapaho Rd. They're open every day except Mondays.

1  Thank PhotoTripper_10