“Great Sushi in the USA”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Sushi in the USA”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm no expert in sushi, but I am a chef and I am married to a Japanese woman who taught me a lot about sushi. Sushi Sake is the best sushi I have had on a consistent basis covering about 16 years. This is the place my wife took me to on the meet-the-parents-trip to Dallas oh so many years ago when I thought I didn't like sushi. I started to like it on that trip and have eaten sushi in Japan many times since then and can say this is almost as good as any sushi experience I have had in Japan. I have become a total sushi nut over the years and really love good, authentic sushi. The owner(Sodasan) is Japanese and is there most nights. The sushi is always good to great,as well as other dishes. If you want the real thing check it out but don't expect the usual american style sushi experience. One of my favorite dishes is the grilled yellowtail collar.

• Visited November 2013

“Good sushi”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

If your are looking for some sashimi and sushi, this is your place.
I went to this place based on a Dallas Observer suggestion/recommendation and i must say that food was OK but not exactly what i was looking for.
This restaurant its very "American Style Sushi" which is good, because seems like they nail it .... place was so packed on saturday night around 9pm !!!!!
But if u are looking for more Family style food, u should keep looking, i bet there are mot options, but i must say that their Gyoza and Saru Soba are so good ! :) almost like japan ! :)
Definetly i will go back for some sushi combo !

• Visited November 2013
Texas
“Very good!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our experience....great food, great service, great atmosphere! We will definitely return and have already told several friends!

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Sushi Experience”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Upon the recommendation of my friend who lives in Dallas we went to this restaurant. We sat at the bar. The food was excellent. Everything was fresh, prepared with the utmost excellence. It looked like a very authentic Japanese experience. They have special dining rooms other than the bar and the regular tables. Even the regular tables were very well done and tasteful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Especially if you are a Sushi fan, you should not miss this one.

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“Popular restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant in the evening after the OU/TX football game. It was our first time here. Three of our party enjoyed the sushi and I ordered grilled Chicken with teriyaki sauce and it was served with miso soup and salad. Our party enjoyed cold sake and I had wine. The atmosphere is clean, sophisticated but fun. There were six sushi chefs the evening we were there. We sat at a table, but they also have a large Sushi bar. I would recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013