“Not your average burger joint. Lots of personal service.”

Haystack Burgers & Barley
Ranked #1 of 444 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a small hamburger joint. The atmosphere was industrial with open ceilings and thick wood top tables with steel legs. There's a bar, seated tables, highboy tables, as well as out door seating. It was a great feeling to be greeted by owners, Jen and Kevin (there was another partner but didn't catch name). Staff was more than helpful even with the multitude of orders. Prices were reasonable and let's not forget food was great. The haystack burger was awesome. They have bear on tap as well as a plethora of bottled bear. The fries are great and big enough to share. The food was worth a return and the service filled the cup. This is quickly turning into a new favorite.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I went after work and were pleasantly surprised. I had the haystack burger, which was to die for. I loved the barbecue sauce! The meat is fresh, never frozen, and the homemade bun it is served on melts in your mouth. Grab a couple of extra napkins, because it is messy. Prices are reasonable for what you get. Two, burgers, 1order of fries and 2 drinks ran about $20. We met the owners, who were very friendly, as we're all the staff we met. Even though it is not close to home, we will be making a return trip. I need to try the grilled chicken salad.