“One of the best places there is for Tex-Mex!”

Frankie's Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 420 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Terrell, Texas
“One of the best places there is for Tex-Mex!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I do NOT like giving 5 stars. 5 stars is for the best of the best. How many reviews show so many 5 star ratings but people have complaints? Here, they deserved it. GREAT tasting food. great service, and can't beat the prices. Kind of hidden, and kinda hope it stays that way!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank greggtex

Richardson, Texas
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a weekly pilgrimage for our family. Although the location is small, the turnover is usually pretty quick. Don't expect to show up on a Friday night at 7PM and not have a wait.

Located in the Canyon Creek neighborhood, this restaurant has the variety, friendly staff, and kick butt Margarita's (according to my better half)!!!

Menu choices abound, and I have to wrestle with what to order every time we visit. This past visit included the brisket tacos, fajitas, quesadilla's and the pork stew for our group. It is hard to have room for dessert here, but make sure you save a spot.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank DeepBlueDives
Lindale, Texas
“Always great!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Always consistently great food. We look forward to going to Frankie's anytime we are in the Dallas/Richardson area.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Linda R
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food...Sorry Manager”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We've eaten at Frankie's 3 times in the past 7 days. First two trips were fabulous...tonight (5/31/13 5-6pm)...not so much. Our dining experience was ruined...not by the food but by the inept Manager on Duty. We elected to eat outside. There was a table of School Teacher's from Bowie...I guess, since that is the t-shirt worn by several of the women. These women were so loud that my party of 3 couldn't hear each other speak. I complained to the waiter and then to the Manager...who should have gone out to asks them to quiet down a bit. I asked him if the women had reserved the entire room..l.he said "no". I then asked why we needed to be subjected to a loudness that totally ruined our dining experience. He only apologized and said they would be leaving soon.
I told him we were leaving NOW. The Manager on our prior visits seemed to have things much more in control. Sad, Sad, Sad.

• Visited May 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Jewel found! Great place!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Among the best margaritas I've ever had.. with good company and great atmosphere.. and fantastic service! Great quality food at moderate prices this place is a winner!!

• Visited May 2013