“Our new favorite mexican restaurant”

Frankie's Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 431 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We discovered Frankie's about a year ago. It is across from Canyon Creek Country Club in a small neighborhood shopping center. The food is excellent and it has a fun atmosphere. The brisket tacos are my personal favorite but we have tried several other entrees and they have all been outstanding. I hesitated to review this restaurant because I don't want it to get too busy! :)

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Frankie's Mexican food is probably the best kept secret in Richardson. The service is always prompt and friendly. The food actually tastes good and is slightly different from mundane Mexican food. The enchiladas and tacos are good, but their true gems are the brisket chimichanga and the pork stew chili rellano. At ~$8 per plate it is really a great value!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had lunch here with some co-workers. We asked to be seated out on the patio. It was perfect on a beautiful day, but it is small so you'll want to come before they get busy.

The food was very good and the prices were relatively low. The service was friendly and efficient. We all agreed that this place would be a regular in our lunch outings.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This family owned restaurant serves up home made style Tex-Mex. The recipes are original family ones and the salsas, moles, and tamales are hand made by two brothers, originally from Mexico. In addition to free chips and salsa with each order, you also receive a free mini chalupa. They are open from 11:00 a.m. until 9:00 pm seven days a week. Typical entrees run $7 to $12.00. The servers are friendly and the food is served fresh and hot. There is also an outdoor patio eating area. On Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm, they serve a brunch with Tex-Mex breakfast items. They also have the longest happy hour I have seen (weekdays 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.)

2  Thank Seva L
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I heard about Frankie's in Richardson from a friend a few weeks ago. After trying it once, I've been back a few times for lunch with co-workers. In addition to the usual chips and salsa, they serve a complimentary appetizer tostada topped with beans, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. It gets very busy so get there before 11:45. I've had the cheese enchiladas, and the next time I tried the Zelena Salad with chicken. Both were very good and portions were generous. I asked for their hottest sauce on the side with the salad - they gave me a hot salsa made with serranos which was quite unique. The chicken strips in the salad had been marinated and were delicious. The place is quaint, we sat in the covered patio area - looks out on the plaza which is pretty. My friends ordered a brisket taco plate, and veggie enchiladas and they loved both. I like that they have some traditional Mexican dishes as well as a Tex-Mex section to choose from. Service was friendly, quick and attentive on all visits. Prices were more reasonable and better value for lunch compared to restaurants with similar cuisine in the vicinity.