“Good value, nice suites!”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Hospital is within a mile of Methodist Richardson Hospital. The suite was very nice with two queen beds. The doors to the shower and commode area are frosted making sharing a room awkward.
The buffet was adequate and fresh. All staff was friendly, professional and very helpful.

Stayed: May 2014
Jerry E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

We are pleased the Springhill Suites by Marriott Dallas Richardson/Plano Hotel was within close proximity to Methodist Richardson Hospital and we appreciate you staying with us very much! I will share your comments regarding the frosted bathroom and shower doors with my engineering and design team. Thank you again for your business, we appreciate it.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed here with my family. Very nice modern & clean place.
Really liked the way the bathroom was divided. Came in handy travelling with women.
Large closet also came in handy with all of the luggage.
Room was laid out very well.
Very good breakfast.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Bed was very comfortable.
I stay in Plano area once a month and usually stay at another chain. My wife said this is where we need to stay from now on.
We will staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Breakfast is average but do not expect a great breakfast for $ 89 a night. Hotel is clean and rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Location is good but you have to drive 10 minutes to get to most popular attractions. I will there again especially when traveling with 2 or 3 people. I would to see a better breakfast even if I have to pay a little more.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very nice decor, rooms are modern and nicely arranged. Bathroom nice, separate shower nice. Cool method of turning on electricity by placing your room key in this wall panel. Nice, small poo and whirlpool. Nice fitness center.

Room Tip: Room 125 was a good location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The hotel is in great condition and looks like a new or fairly new property. It is very nicely decorated as are many of the newer Marriott properties. Very tasteful modern decor. Large open lobby area with plenty of space to relax and spread out.

I had a standard suite style room and it was very spacious. It had a generous sized desk, work area with a very comfortable desk chair and good lighting.Having a microwave and mini fridge was a nice touch. The bed was comfortable and an abundance of pillows were provided. It can get a bit noisy due to traffic noise. I would recommend a room on an upper floor and on the even number side rooms to get away from the highway side of the property.

The bathroom was top notch with a huge walk in shower and high end fixtures. Supplies were top notch. The towel supply was adequate, but not overly generous. As another reviewer noted, the toilet was in a room separate from the shower and yes, there was a hook on the wall on the wall by the sink, but the hook was too small to hold a towel. So, while there was a pedestal sink in the powder room, it was not really effective without a place to hang a towel.

Breakfast was very good with a great selection of hot and cold items on the house. My only complaint is the TV was a bit loud.

Staff - Very nice at the front desk. The gentleman at the bar provided some great advice on nearby restaurants also.

Location - Easy access, just off the highway.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on an upper floor and on the even number side rooms to get away from the hi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Jerry E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor, we're pleased you enjoyed the accommodations and we'll be happy to read your review with our associates as they enjoy hearing from our guests. We have placed additional hooks in some of our bathrooms to allow for the towel to be hung next to the sink and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for staying at the Springhill Suites by Marriott at Dallas Richardson/Plano, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The room was very modern and I loved the layout. The seperate toilet room, and shower was great! I loved the shower with pressure spray for your back, it's so relaxing, oh not to mention the Paul Mitchell Shampoo and Conditioner. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was great with many choices, for picky eaters, like myself. My only complaint was the ac rattled a bit, but I eventuality got used to it,not a big deal.

Room Tip: Really, my only tip, get a print out of directions before arrival if possible, or call the hotel i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Jerry E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I read your review on tripadvisor and am pleased you were satisfied with your accommodations at Springhill Suites by Marriott Dallas Richardson/Plano. I apologize for the noise from the air conditioner and will have my engineer specialist look at the unit. Please let me know the next time you’re in Richardson, TX and I can place extra Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner in your guest room. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Staff was very friendly. We arrived a little before check-in time, but they got right on it and made sure our room was ready. And it was great--large and clean. It had an area roomy enough to visit with family and friends. The bed was comfortable. I've read some complaints about the air unit being noisy--I didn't find it loud but actually prefer some noise while trying to sleep so thought it was perfect. They don't have a restaurant but have a bar downstairs that is open during the evenings. We had a pleasant stay and will definitely go there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, we're delighted that you found the room to be clean and large! I will share you comments with our staff and thank you again for staying with us at the Springhill Suites by Marriott at Dallas Richardson/Plano.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Richardson
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson

Been to SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano? Share your experiences!