“No problems...”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was nice, wish there was a bathtub for people with small children. The rooms are kind of small for it to be a suite and the swimming pool was a tad bit small. The breakfast was great, and there were different options each day-only thing is the juice was not that great. The staff was very friendly so overall, this was not a bad hotel at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jerry3251, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your comments about Springhill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano and will share with our staff. I am pleased you enjoyed the new breakfast as we rolled out some exciting new menu options on July 1; I will forward your concerns regarding the juice with our food vendor. We hope to see you again soon at Springhill Suites by Marriott Dallas Richardson/Plano and we'll reserve any request you might have; such as, the bathtub for your small children.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in a king suite. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff acknowledged us literally every time we walked in or out of the lobby. They were very friendly which always makes you feel like your business is appreciated. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and had a variety of food choices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerry3251, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor; we're pleased you enjoyed the comfort of the king suite. Please allow the Springhill Suites by Marriott Dallas Richardson/Plano hotel to make your room reservations the next time you're in Richardson, Texas.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Nice modern vibe to hotel. We stayed in a Studio with 2 queen beds and sofa/sleeper which was nice with 2 teenagers of the opposite sex. I was a little concerned about the separated bathroom that another reviewer had mentioned but it really worked out quite nice. While one family member was taking a shower or brushing teeth, someone else could use the potty room--both in privacy. This set-up would work great for several women/teenage girls getting ready at the same time since there were several areas available to do hair and makeup. The closet door also had a full-length mirror. The shower was great and it had 2 small sprayers at about 42" inches that you could adjust pressure or turn off completely. Breakfast had many choices in the morning and the only thing I missing was chocolate milk. The pool area looked quite nice. The fire pit in the front area surrounded by chairs and benches looked very inviting. The front staff was very friendly. The location wasn't really convenient for our doctor appt. but we would do it again to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jerry3251, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, we're pleased you enjoyed the split bathrooms in your guest room and enjoyed an appetizing breakfast. Our breakfast food quality rankings are in the top 5 percent for the Springhill Suites brand, I'll be sure to read your comments to our breakfast ambassadors. I hope to see you back at the Springhill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano hotel the next time your travel takes you to Richardson.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Probably one of the warmest welcomes i have had to hotel in a while.
The front desk staff were awesome.
Rooms are very nice and everything works.
Breakfast was nice, good variety and lots of sitting area.
Pool and Gym are good.
This will be my new home-away-from-home in Richardson.

Room Tip: My room was facing the parking lot so I had a big light in the window, Next time I will ask for a ro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, I'm pleased you found our hotel to be your "new home-away-from-home in Richardson". It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our ambssadors and I hope to see you back at the Springhill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano hotel the next time your in Richardson.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed for 5 nights and could not have been happier from the moment I checked in. All associates were genuinely warm and helpful. No fake smiles. Very accommodating to all my tedious needs.
I stayed in the standard king room It was clean and modern! Nice tv and the way the shower/bathroom is set up is so nice!!!
Speaking of shower---WOW so cool. Awesome water pressure and it had the dual optional wall spouts that feel so great. I needed
that!
Breakfast was good too! And the bar was open at 5 everyday.
Super nice. Chill atmosphere. Quiet. Modern. Good people.
Also I got a great rate off Priceline for the 1st 2 days and the hotel extended my stay for the same price. Way cool.
I'll stay there again when needed.
Cheers!

• Stayed: May 2013
Jerry3251, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay. Let us know the next time your in Richardson needing room accommodations.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Quite new Springhill Suites with a very efficient and friendly staff. Room has a big shower and sink area in one room with a toilet and sink in another room. Colors in the room were lovely. Breakfast has a large variety from which to choose. We have stayed on two different occasions and would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and we're pleased you enjoyed your accommodations. Thank you for your business, we appreciate it!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Plano for a business trip and earned enough points to stay at SpringHill Suites for two free nights. Typically, I like a trendy and modern looking hotel with a bit of luxury thrown into the mix. I didn’t really know what to expect, but I haven’t had bad luck with Marriot in the past, so I figured it would be fine. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised that it looked recently renovated. However, none of the decor matters so long as the place is clean. The lobby and rooms were modern and decorated well, but the hotel room floors and faux glass divider in the in room were in need of attention. When I pulled the fabric shade to let more light into the room, handprints covered the faux glass divider for the computer area and there were straw wrappers, hair, bobby pins, and food crumbs on the floor.

When I went to take a shower, I unfolded a towel and a wad of black hair fell out onto the floor. I was so grossed out that I went to Kohl's and bought new towels. When I returned, I didn’t see anyone at the front desk but there was an employee having a pretty tacky and graphic conversation in the marketplace. I will not stay at this hotel again. The location is iffy and it can be difficult to get to from the highway. Most importantly, it was not well maintained and the service was lackluster.

Pros:
-The bed was comfortable
-Parking was free

Cons:
-Room and bathroom was dirty
-Location isn’t close to anything worth seeing or doing
-Weird room layout
-Service was lacking

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laura H

Thank you for your review, I apologize that your accommodations did not meet your expectations and am embarrassed on the cleanliness issues in your guest room. We pride ourselves in delivering first class service at Marriott Hotels and Resorts and wil investigate why your room did not meet htese standards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
Homewood Suites by Hilton Plano-Richardson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Richardson
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson

Been to SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano? Share your experiences!