“Hotel is Great, but the staff is fantastic”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Had our yearly family get together last weekend at the Springhill Suites in Richardson/Plano. The accomodations rate 5 stars. The rooms, the meeting room, bar, and breakfast area are all great. However, what really made our visit so wonderful was the staff. They could not do enough to make us feel welcome. On top of that the prices are very reasonable. I travel to the Dallas area five to six times a year and will definitely stay at this hotel from now on and the family reunion has found a permanent home.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Biz trip here and it is not far from my office. But there is no restaurant in the hotel, you will need a car to move around. not even walking distance.
Room is clean and comfy.... the nearest shopping mall is Firewheel Town Center which is about 5miles from the hotel.

Room Tip: rent a car is a must and there is no room service (food), so u will need to ask for delivery recomme...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gim Hoe K
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Just WOW! I wish my trip here was longer, rather than just a pass-through hotel for me. This property is nothing short of awesome. This was my first stay here, and surely won't be my last. This brand new Springhill Suites should be the model for all.

The lobby, like the rest of the property is very modern. From just walking from the parking lot to the front door, I could just tell that it was going to be something special. The detail you see on the outside of the building was very tasteful.

We were greeted at the desk, and promptly given a room on the 2nd floor. The agent was sure to explain all of the details of the property, as well as the "green" features of our room. This made us feel very welcome and familiar with the property. The room keys are RFID (nice touch), making entry into the room simple.

Upon entry, the room was beautiful and very well laid out. The 2 queen room left plenty of space to move around, and the design of the living area made it feel like an entire new space in our suite. The room has 2 sinks, one in the main bathroom with the shower, and the other in the smaller bathroom with the toilet. This is great when traveling with family, as others can get ready for the day while someone is using the shower without a problem, all while giving the entire family privacy while using the bathroom. Another touch I really liked was the locks on the sliding bathroom doors. I know it seems weird, but have staying in many newer hotels with these sliding doors, not many have the locks due to the design. The shower has some extra jets in the wall, making for a very luxurious shower. I really enjoyed this extra touch of luxury that is usually only seen in very upscale hotels. I have stayed in many full service hotels that don't even have this. To find it in a smaller hotel like this was extra cool! The bath amenities were also very nice.

When it comes to sleep quality, these are probably some of the best mattresses I have ever slept on in a Springhill! There was no noise from outside. Granted, my room was on the opposite side of the building from the Turnpike, it seemed like a very quiet road at night, so it shouldn't be an issue for those staying on the backside of the building. For those with issues with noise A/C units, the unit in my room was whisper quiet, even when turning on and off! That is something you don't see with most window unit style units. My room was also right across from the elevator, and I wouldn't have even noticed since they are behind a wall in a way, blocking any noise, if any.

I didn't use any of the amenities in the hotel such as the pool, bar, fitness room, or business center, but all looked extremely nice. The lobby looked great for grabbing an evening drink and hanging in the lobby, or even heading out to the fire pit.

Overall, this is a great new property for this area. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Sadly, I only stayed one night in this beautiful hotel. The rooms were stunning. The beds were clean and very comfortable.The staff extremely friendly. The free breakfast was better than most. The hotel is very modern and very "Green". If you are in the area there is no better place to stay especially in this price range!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderfully clean new springhill. Perfect location for visiting Fujitsu. Good breakfast nice beds good staff. Has a bar fitness center and pool. Right at the turnpike and plenty of restraunts nearby
Suite style room with living room desk area and sleeping area

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here in October with my daughters team. I was very impressed with this hotel. It was nicely decorated and very clean. The amenities in this hotel I would have expected to pay much more than the $79/nt. the breakfast was good and the service was as well. I would definitely stay there again!!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night in September 2012. This is perhaps the best Springhill Suites I have ever stayed.

The hotel was brand new and very clean. The lobby area is very modern and stylish. The rooms have very good layout, using a glass wall separating the work area and the sleeping area, which makes the room feel bright and open (most Springhill suites use a solid wooden wall between the two areas, which make the room feeling small). The shower area and the toilet are separate. The king size bed feel nice and comfortable.

You need to use a room key to active the electricity in the room. This is very common for hotels in Asia, but this is the first Marriott property in the US that I have seen having this feature.

Breakfast was very good.

Overall I am very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack Y
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
1 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas / Plano-East
Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel
Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Campbell
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Richardson
Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Spring Valley

Been to SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano? Share your experiences!