“Birthday ”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 75/George Bush Turnpike
Description: One of the few independent family-run steakhouses left in America. A place for every occasion in the heart of North Texas. Located just east of N. Central Expwy. (Hwy. 75) on the George Bush Turnpike. Large wrap-around bar area with fireplace surrounded by four 60-inch flat screens | 4 private dining rooms (large and small) | Gorgeous main dining and upstairs mezzanine areas | Covered patio and balcony with fireplace and flatscreen TVs.
Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

Dinner was fantastic our steaks were cooked perfectly and waitor Andreas was absolutely delightful. Will will definately be back.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (290)

Reviewed November 8, 2016

This is a great place to go celebrate something. Very high end food in a casual atmosphere. The steaks are very good cuts of meat and cook perfectly. The chicken dishes were excellent as well. They have rooms for big groups. We were there with my extended family and everyone found something on the menu that they loved, including the teenagers. Wait staff was very professional and food came out in a timely manner. If I had one complaint, it would be that it is very noisy in the restaurant. I don't know if it is the way it is built, but a low roar of noise was constantly there.

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

My glass of "house cabernet" was $14.95. The "Scottish Salmon" at $25 was only average. The Sweet Potato Jalapeno Soup was good, but it was served in a very small cup that looked like it was made for espresso.
Steaks were $35 and up. My companion's "Steak Medalions" looked like a children's platter.
Skip this one. Your money is better spent at a local chain restaurant. Plus, you won't leave hungry.

Reviewed November 4, 2016

We met some friends at this restaurant for an happy hour. They have no happy hour menu so we ordered off the main menu. I ordered the crab and corn soup. I found it very bland. My wife ordered a steak salad that had 4 small pieces of steak that was overcooked. Certainly overpriced at $18.95. The crabcakes were pretty good and the burnt corn also was very good. I thought that the price of my wife's wine was high considering the amount she was giving. Our waiter, ChristopherB, was good. I think it has potential but they to try harder.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This is just a local favorite. The last of the independent steak houses run by a great effervescent owner Dale. Steaks are one of the best in Dallas area and certainly Plano

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Texas? Share your experiences!