“Everything was excellent ... except the beds”

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed March 8, 2009

This hotel is beautiful, clean, smells great, with lots of pretty things. However, the 2 double beds are SMALL. I like amenities in a hotel, but in the end, we have to sleep there, and it just wasn't comfortable.

I did Priceline for this hotel, so it was an excellent value for the price, but I wouldn't have been happy if I had paid full price. The room was fairly small, and the thermostat didn't work great. The bathroom was nice, and things all looked great. It just didn't feel quite as good as it looked.

Great customer service. 4 people in a room with 2 doubles isn't the way to go, though.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson

Reviewed February 14, 2009

Nice hotel, the room and decor were lovely. Modern and looks newly remodeled. The staff was excellent. The room could have been a bit cleaner. Rooms were not very sound proof; we could hear people in the hall talking. Great price from hyatt.com. The major complaint was the TERRIBLE beds, we might as well have slept on concrete.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2009

This is a very nice property with everything you would expect from a Hyatt. Would stay here again. It is a great property if you can priceline it!

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2008

We stayed at this hotel from the last Thursday in August until Labor Day 2008. At check-in, we were told that it had been taken over by Hyatt in February 2008. Some things are Hyatt, while others are being worked on while the hotel is open and running.
Example, we had a flat-screen TV, but they didn't have a local Dallas newspaper, let alone the New York Times or Wall Street Journal on Friday.
The staff was great. The location was great.
When they become a Full Hyatt Regency, it'll be even better.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank jon160
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I Travel for a living (spend over 200 nights per year in Hotels) and this is one of the best places I stay. The rooms are clean , the staff is very professional, and the location is extremely convenient to just about anywhere in the Metroplex. After I checked out, I missplaced the copy of my bill & Steve in Accounting emailed me a fesh copy within a minute of me asking.

I'd definitely stay here on my next visit to DFW.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank HOTELGURUS
Reviewed May 11, 2008

The hotel is great but the front desk supervisor was very unprofessional. I ask Harold where can I park since there was no parking availalble and the hotel was overcrowded. Harold responded, "At this time the parking lot is full and first come first serve." This is very unprofessional as a four star hotel accomodations should be better than this. I will never bring my business to this hotel again. Management is terrible.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sameral
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I booked this hotel thru Priceline and got a great deal! (Less than $60 before taxes!) Please be aware that this is a Hyatt property tho, and no longer says "The Richardson Hotel" on top of the building like in the pics on this website. I drove by it a couple of times before I realized it was our hotel. The staff was friendly and the room nice. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service within a five mile radius which is nice if you want to have dinner with drinks nearby. I have two negative comments about my stay: first, the a/c was not working properly and it was very hot in our room. I did not make the hotel aware of this tho, since we were already in our pajamas and just wanted to sleep. The second negative comment is about the water. I noticed someone praised them for the hot water, but ours never really did get hot, but sort of luke warm. I'm sure if we had made the hotel aware of this they would have helped us, but we needed to get on the road and did not bother. That being said, it would not deter us from staying at this location again...especially for such a good price! (FYI - there's a little restaurant across Hwy 75 from the hotel called Cafe Brazil that has great breakfast!)

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank pruegg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richardson
HYATT house Dallas/Richardson
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Richardson
Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel
Wingate by Wyndham Richardson/Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Campbell
The Westin Dallas Park Central

Been to Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson? Share your experiences!