“Good food but tired out-of-date room”

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
“Good food but tired out-of-date room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were pleased to be allocated an upgrade ($39) to a mini suite which we had requested when booking our room with Hyatt points. However we were somewhat surprised to find we had been allocated two adjacent bedrooms with an armchair pressed up against the intercommunicating door!
I found both rooms to be dull and uninspiring - lots of yellow orche pain and dark furniture - and the second room was especially unattractive as it was largely occupied by a low double bed. I then realised this was a Murphy bed and assigning it to its upright position and rearranging the furniture improved matters considerably. Both rooms lacked useable electric sockts as ours need enough space to use foreign adapters but we managed to improvise by balancing table lamps on books.
We had a late night meal in the hotel bar - food was good but took more than half an hour to come. The continental breakfast was outstanding value for the excellent selection of food on offer.
Check out was as incompetent as our room allocation. We were given two room bills, neither of which included our upgrade supplement !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The whole staff seemed to be a bit off. The gentleman at checkin was alittle too interested in the geneology of my last name. The servers at the bar, though nice, we're very disorganized. I left my ironing board against the wall with a note that it was broken and it was still there at the end of the day.

Iwas there for a conference. Those facilities were fine.

• Stayed June 2013
HyattFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback. Without this valuable feedback our ongoing path to perfection would be increasingly difficult. I have passed on the notes about your last stay to the appropriate departments and hope that you visit us again. Please feel free to contact me before your next stay and I will make sure we have everything taken care of in your room.

Warm Regards,

Guest Service Manager
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed in 16th floor on business. Staff was very friendly and outgoing.

Had a problem not getting my check at breakfast after nearly half an hour and needing to go to a meeting. I had to go to the front desk to finally get someone to check me out. The story does have a happy ending though as while I didn't complain to anyone or as anything, apparently someone saw what happened and placed a personalized letter, chocolates, and. Bottle of wine stating that they apologized for the inconvenience and wasn't how they typically treat their guests.

I was very n pressed by their proactive handling of this situation I didn't even report. Went from a negative experience to a positive one.

Rooms were nice but I found the bed to be extremely firm, to the point I think something may have been wrong with the mattress.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We apologize for any inconveniences and were glad to hear of the satisfactory resolution. We appreciate your business and welcome you back at any point in time.

Thanks,

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here when i was unable to book either the doubletree or the embassy. Rooms were comfortable. No free breakfast which was disappointing. parking is somewhat inconvenient. Rates are pretty high. The hotel was clean and pleasant

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chet_Maryland
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. During your next visit with us, we do offer a bed and breakfast package available that does provide breakfast for two. If you need help setting up your reservation be sure to let us know.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Nice looking hotel! clean and good customer service. Food @ the restaurant is delicious! Okay pool and gym. Overall nice would stay again for a business trip. Location is not the greatest. Its far from fun. Nothing fun around to do, you have to drive quite a didtance. But quiet enough to relax

• Stayed April 2013
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. We will share your comments with the rest of our team and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Jim Smith
Front Office Manager
chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed one night at this location. Was concerned being so close to the 75 Freeway and the DART tram line. However, the hotel was both comfortable and quiet. Check-in was great. Both fast and friendly. I had a great sized room with two double beds. I feel asleep almost immediately. My room was clean and very well kept. The bathroom/toilet combo not a fan, otherwise, everything else was great. I made the mistake of using the bottled water because of the funky taste in the tap water. There was a 7-11 just across the street. Tried to replace the bottom, but was charge the $4 fee anyway. Not sure how they know, but I got caught. Would stay at this location again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Northern USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Richardson for 4 nights for business. Hotel is right along highway, but in need of some TLC. The carpets and furniture are worn. My two biggest issues are that the floors do not seem to be vacuumed and the place is noisy.

My room had dust balls on it, and near the elevator on the 9th floor, there was a candy wrapper that sat there for 4 days!!! Every morning and every evening I was shocked to see it still there. Not tucked in a corner, but in the middle of the floor. How does that happen?

Also, the hotel is not very sound proof. I could hear everything in the hall, doors closing, and conversations next door.

No free breakfast at this Hyatt.

On the positive, the bed has pretty comfortable, and it was convenient to UT-Dallas. Also, the staff is very friendly.

In summary, do yourself a favor, stay at the Hotel Palomar about 5 minutes closer to the city. It's a much nicer place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SightseerAtLarge
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the guest survey. I have notified Housekeeping of the issue and we appreciate your feedback. I would like to welcome you back to stay with us again. I will personally make sure everything is ready to go for you.

Thanks,