“Good place to stay if you have a late arrival or early departure”

Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
WI
“Good place to stay if you have a late arrival or early departure”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've stayed here twice now, both times when I've had a really early departure from DFW. It's a very nice hotel, priced well, with excellent staff. This most recent time my sons and I ate dinner in the sports bar...it was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. I will be sure to share your comments with all departments! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal at 701 Bar and Girll. Looking forward to your return!

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel due to my first experience with Hotwire.com where you pick the area and the number of stars you want the hotel to be, you can see the price but not the hotel. I think they pull from hotels with rooms they just want to fill. So I choose four stars and got this hotel. It was $57!!! Incredible. Dallas is such a busy place I was going insane, but we walked into this hotel and it was an oasis...right in the middle of Richardson. It is right in the middle of a busy area next to a busy freeway, but still it was very peaceful. Strangely I was here with two ten year olds, one being my niece, not because I am an overindulgent aunt, but because I was traveling from out if state, was staying with friends and simple could not impose by having a sleepover at their house! So we chose a hotel. So glad we got this one, the girls were awestruck! The interior design of the entry way and lounge was beautiful. The front desk staff went out of their way to help us (for example my niece wanted Dominos pizza, the front desk staff made sure it was delivered to us poolside where we were soaking in a hot tub!) our room was so beautiful and immaculately clean. The beds were very comfortable, the linens divine and they had upscale toiletries. We had a view of the pool and the busy city, but it was a very nice room. Not particularly large but certainly large enough for us. It was a standard size room with two queens. No fridge or microwave. There was a little bit of traffic noise when rush hour started the next morning, but I did not notice it until I took my ear plugs out. For breakfast you can choose Continental $7 or full buffet for $15. The girls were under 12 years old so their buffet was 1/2 off. And they chose the buffet because it was incredible! All you can eat eggs, bacon, breads, fruits, sausages, cereals, pastries, etc with a chef behind the counter cooking more. And you were served by a waiter just to help you with little things, all older gentlemen, we had Willy and he was a blessing to us! Made the girls feel special and he took care of me and my special needs: gluten free bagel and black tea. I also came down to the lounge alone the first night and had an appetizer and a mocktail (watermelon/lime/basil) drink was amazing, artichoke dip was okay, but service again was wonderful! Lovely hotel! The location is great if you need to be in Richardson, saw lots of business travelers there. I don't know the area so I do not know if it is a good base hotel for vacationers...but they were friendly to my girls.

• Stayed March 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. What a wonderful way to spend your time away from home! I will be sure to share your comments with all departments, and give a special thank you to Willy! Hopefully we will see you again soon!! Looking forward to your return!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I expect excellence from a Hyatt property, so my family's experience was surprisingly average. The thermostat was not responsive, the blanket request was not fulfilled, one outlet didn't work, the hot water was very slow, and the teabags were not replaced daily.
The hotel seems geared for business people and not tourists. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sallyrider
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel for work when I travel to Richardson. The hotel is very clean and the staff is wonderful. Never have had a bad stay over the last 3 years. I have never tried the pool but it is always clear. The work out gym equipment is up to date.

• Stayed January 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. We are so happy to hear that in the past three years you have never had a bad stay with us, Your feedback is appreciated and we look forward to having you here with us again soon!

BlondieFlorida
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This Hyatt is right across the street from my office so I have always stayed there when traveling on business. However, after my last stay there, I won't be going back. I had overlooked never having hot water in the evening to take a shower because it was so conveniently located but I left the hotel this time feeling "itchy" and covered with what appeared to be insect bites. Never again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. I apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectation and would love to discuss your past stay with you in further detail. Please feel free to reach out to me personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was an ok stay. There were issues with the reception of the TV. Many of the channels had a snowy effect. A big positive is that there are a lot of non-hotel food options very close by and the hotel is convenient to the business I have in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aeh1414

I look forward to hearing from you.
dallas, tx
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This place looks like a upscale hotel, the employees treated me and my wife great and with first class service. Right across the street from a fun little shopping center with a few good places to eat and a good frozen yogurt shop. Tv and bed were positioned just right. Shower had GREAT so even that was relaxing. Shower and bath soaps and shampoo were really good along with aqua fresh toothpaste.

We didn't try the food, but breakfast sure smelled delicious and restaurant was very nice looking.

Two thumbs up on this place, great for parents like us who needed a valentines getaway and got some great rest and relaxation ! Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
HyattFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. We are so happy we were your hotel of choice for your quick weekend getaway and we look forward to you escaping away with us again!