New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Vancouver, Canada
“Good hotel in Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is quite a distance from downtown Dallas, but this means you can park your car for free at the hotel. A bonus in big towns.

I had a king suite and it was nice, spacious and comfortable. The bed was good and I slept well.

I was lucky to have access to the executive club so I was able to get some drinks and snacks to tide me over until breakfast as I was unwilling to go searching for food because navigating the freeway was involved. I could have eaten downstairs at the bar, but hey, free food.

This was a comfortable overnight stay and I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, caring team. I must mention the food. Really great. I do not normally think of a hotel for great food but the Hyatt Regency Richardson has great food. Everything about this hotel is top notch. Rooms, meeting facilities and restaurant. I was able to spend some time with the General Manager and some of the staff. They were great.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. I will be sure to share your comments with all departments! Looking forward to your return!
Cammerron Jackson
Guest Service Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good thing Im a Hyatt Gold Passport member for 30 years. That way I can get this old smelly room for $169. It has a murphy bed not a queen as reserved 2 weeks ago. The carpet is dirty and matted. Not taking my socks off on this floor. Upolstered chair in the room is two tone from wear. Duvet is stained and has two holes in it. It has a mod like smell. I asked to be moved and was told sorry we are full up. I whent down to the lobby and watched another 20 people check in after me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. I apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectation and would love to discuss your past stay with you in further detail. Please feel free to reach out to me personally.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Cammerron Jackson
Guest Service Manager
new rochelle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

While this is an older Hyatt property, it is very well maintained. Additionally, the rates are very reasonable, since the hotel is a bit older. However, it is a Hyatt, so service, staff, rooms and amenities are very good/excellent. Additionally, since this an upscale business hotel, be aware that there is no free wi-fi, nor breakfast included. These are not hidden charges--that's just the way these hotels operate.

This hotel does have free parking, and Panera's is right across road if you are looking for a quick, easy and inexpensive breakfast or lunch.

Also, easy access to major roads.

Room Tip: Ask not to face the road
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. We always enjoy hearing feeback from each of our guests. I will share you reponse with our teams. We look forward to serving you again!

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Front desk staff didn't understand their own rate structure so they denied me the $25 stay credit that was part of my advertised rate. Waiting on Hyatt to resolve this issue. Room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JeffF78722
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband was here for business and I was here as "the wife." I never ate alone; the maitre d', the bartender, the waitress, all stood at my table to chat with me. Very friendly courteous staff. we stayed on the 15th floor in a quiet room, didn't use the mini fridg but it was nice to know it was there. The fitness center had a nice cardio room, only one elliptical trainer which I occupied but five treadmills which were all used. There's a beautiful outdoor pool and jacuzzi. If I ever return to Dallas, I would stay here in a hot Texas second. Ratings below reminded me that the breakfast buffet was perfect--tasty mix of hot American breakfast selections and granola, nuts (pecans!) fresh fruit etc. Yum!

Room Tip: Upper floors with the best view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas really enjoyed reading your review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and we will share your comments with our entire team.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in Richardson Thanksgiving day for an event I was attending. Check in was quick since the hotel was relatively quiet because of the holiday. The room was clean and fresh, so was the bathroom. I sat on the bed and thought it was a lil hard and uncomfortable, compared to other Hyatt's I've stayed at. The room was very quiet with no outside noise.

The buffet breakfast has all the usual items(eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit) and there's a chef on hand for any made to order items you require. The dinning room staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was good and fresh.

Check out took a lil longer because there was a soccer team checking in with kids. The front desk attendant did her best and she did apologize for the wait. No huge deal.

Good place to stay if you're in Richardson for business or pleasure. Easy access to 75/Central Expressway and lot's of restaurant options along Campbell Road. The hotel has an electronic directory of all the restaurants in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas was glad you set aside time to share your stay with us. We are very happy we were able to meet your needs and look forward to a future stay with us.