All reviewsparking garageeisemann centernice hotelthe concierge loungedart railindoor poolnext morningbreakfast buffetcentral expresswayroom raterooms were very cleanshort driveenjoyed my stayvaletemilydallasbusiness
Reviewed October 5, 2005

I spent two nights here recently and was very pleased with my choice. I had come to Dallas via Houston helping family members evacuate for hurricane Rita.

The hotel is new, spotless, and richly decorated in bright colors and textures with a contemporary/whimsical flair.

I was upgraded to a suite which was gorgeous. The room was just beautiful.

The location is excellent as you are right next to the light rail line that goes downtown. Also, since you're on the Central Expressway, you can get all over Dallas/Fort Worth as long as you avoid rush hour.

The only reason I don't rate this hotel excellent is because the staff was not as friendly and helpful as I've experienced in other Renaissance and Marriott hotels. They were not rude, and polite enough, but just didn't have that special touch.

However, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank Mid_West_Traveler
Reviewed September 26, 2005

I wanted to surprise my husband with a weekend getaway, so went to Priceline.com and won a bid to this hotel for $59/night for 2 nights. I thought the price was great for the hotel since we live less than 10 minutes from the hotel and knew that it was a pretty new hotel.

We parked in the front of the hotel so we could go check in before parking. The valet asked us for our car key, which I thought was strange, but complied nevertheless.

At check-in was when we were notified that parking was going to be an additional $6.50/night. It was covered parking across from the hotel, and since we didn't have a choice, we agreed. Check-in was efficient and professional. They weren't overly friendly, but friendly enough.

The hotel is relatively new, so the room and everything in it was pretty new too. Most importantly, everything was clean, no errant lint at corners or hair found in the bathroom. The room was comfortable and the decor pleasant. The room faced the expressway, Central Expressway (75), but the view was magnificent.

That night the weather was pretty cool, so the a/c wasn't on high. We went to sleep really late, or should I say early, like 4am. I didn't hear it until it was time to go to sleep... I could hear the cars in the expressway, even from the 9th floor. Even though it wasn't very loud, it still bothered me a bit since I'm a very light sleeper. Needless to say, my husband said he could barely hear it, rolled over, and slept soundlessly the rest of the night, uh, morning. I eventually fell asleep, from exhaustion, but still could hear cars zooming by every now and then.

If it wasn't for the above incident, I'd rate the hotel "Excellent". And actually, other than the incident, my husband and I were very pleased with our stay at this Renaissance.

Especially because the next night was a hot night, so the a/c was on high. The a/c was located right next to the window, which was smart since when it kicks in, you can't hear the expressway. The a/c did have a slight humming sound, like most hotels' do. But unable to hear noises from the expressway, both my husband and I slept well that night.

I recommend that if you're a light sleeper, to ask for a room that faces the back. The view isn't as nice as the expressway's, but it should be more quiet. But, you should be fine if you're not that light of a sleeper or if the weather's hot even through nights so the a/c is constantly on.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank KaiL3
Reviewed August 2, 2005

All the glasses in the place - in the rooms and in the restaurant - were filthy! These were more than dishwasher spots...those would have been welcome. These are just filthy. I had to ask housekeeping to leave new clean glasses, and even then you could tell where they just wiped one of them out and put it back. This is a great way to get sick!

Service was great in some places, lousy in others. Hairdryer quit working and they told me I had to wait. If it didn't restart they would send up engineering. I told them I was in a hurry and asked them for another hairdryer. They said no.

Many of the employees there were quite nice though. The food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. Service was slow when they had a convention there.

The bed was great!

I would hesitate to recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank smithwilde
Reviewed July 29, 2005

I just got back from a business trip to Richardson and stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It's just so nice! The beds are fabulous and all those pillows, I felt like a queen. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I can't speak to the pool or excercise facilities as I did not use them, but did have breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. Having the Starbucks on site is great for grabbing a quick coffee and muffin if you are in a rush. I couldn't wait to get back to my room each evening.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank travelsus
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Richardson. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels and this hotels service and staff far exceeded service at some of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in. The rooms were wonderful as was the food and drink. It is in a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will return to this hotel often.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business