“Loved it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Bowmanville, Canada
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2008

Beautiful open, modern lobby. Lovely, clean, renovated rooms with the Marriott bedding package that I so adore. Nice big plasma TVs in room. Wireless internet. Good breakfast in the restaurant. Freindly and efficient service. What more could you want?

• Liked — New, fresh, functional
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed here due to evac from Hurricane. They gave us a $79 rate abd didn't even charge us a pet fee. First time staying in a Pet friendly hotel and to much my surprise this hotel was very clean. Has the Dart system right at the Hotel that can take you almost anywhere for only $3.00 per day. Has a indoor pool when raining and an outdoor water spray that my kids loved playing in. The food was also wonderful at the Hotel. I always stay in Marriott's and this was a top choice. First time my parents stay in a Marriott and they just loved this hotel and wanted to take the beds home with them. All the staff were very friendly and helpfull with letting us know where we could bring my children and entertain them. They even printed out driving maps for us. We didn't have any problems like other people have listed, no bed bugs either. Our rooms were very clean. My pet never has fleas and he didn't leave with fleas either.

• Liked — clean, friendly staff, pet friendly, good food, Dart system
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2008

I stayed at this location a few months ago. Upon review from my travel agent I was clearly impressed, and when I arrived at the hotel it was artistically designed, a little over the top in some areas.
I went to have a meal at the restaurant, I waited for about 15 minutes with no service, and no one insight to ask so I left and went out to have something to eat. Very Poor service indeed.
I stayed the night as scheduled. I woke up the next morning covered in bed bugs. I complained to the Front Desk staff who seemed barely affected by it. My room was changed but I couldn't stay there.
For the above reasons I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing, very disappointing stay
  • Disliked — Service, cleanliness of hotel, Foil staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank travelerSurrey
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

The hotel room was great comfy bed and warm duvet. My friend and I were in Dallas to catch a cowboys game he enjoyed the hospitality also, This hotel has a great breakfast buffet.!!!
(aprox 25 mins from Irving TX Cowboys stadium)

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — Location from Downtown
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2008

The modern structure gleams in the distance as you approach from US-75. The spacious, open-air lobby replete with comfortable sitting areas introduces you to the Renaissance Richardson. The glass elevators ascend and descend the 12 floors and banks of plants hang over the railings. All of these touches signal modernity; unfortunately, the rooms hail from the previous Marriott era. Yes, the bedding package is of the new Marriott style, and there are flat screen TVs. But the tired green carpet, plain walls, and beige-colored bathroom lack character. It is if this new hotel transplanted the furniture and decorum of an older Marriott. The location is fine if you have your own transportation, otherwise there are no restaurants within walking distance. Also, if you do have a car, the daily parking fee is $9. The lobby restaurant is good by any restaurant standard if not slightly overpriced. Finally, approximately half of the rooms are adjacent to the bustling US-75, and despite being on the 11th floor, the gentle hum of the freeway was evident and may be distracting to some. The non-freeway rooms should be quieter assuming there are no outdoor events on the plaza.

Reasons to stay: Excellent weekend prices (<$99), good restaurant by any standard; Other considerations: Uninspired rooms, daily parking fee ($9), walk to convention center but not much else

• Liked — Excellent weekend rate and good restaurant by any standard
  • Disliked — Tired rooms, dismal location without a car (parking fee if you have one)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scl44
St. Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

Had a training class in Richardson, Texas and I selected the Renaissance Hotel because of its rating from Trip Advisor. Have not gone wrong yet with the recommendations from Trip Advisor. I went with one other person and we both agreed to the comments below. Since this was more or less a business trip, but for training, my review will be slanted more toward the business person. The pros, which are few are:
1) right next to highway 75 which will than take you to the other major highways in the area. Great location. Right down from Plano which is loaded with resturants, of your choosing, plus a mall for shopping.
2) right next to the light rail system for Dallas. Never used it, but it would come in handy if you needed to get somewhere and did not want to drive.
3) The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were clean. The bathroom was a nice size.
4) The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. No problems with the staff (even though they didn't tell us about all of the resturants which were about 1/2 mile donw highway 75 in Plano, but had us going the other way which did not have as many resturants. Disappointed in that.

That is really all that was good about the hotel.

Now the negatives.

1) Had to pay for parking. They made you feel special since it was at a discount. But, it was $8.00 a day. Hampton Inn down the highway was free.
2) No contintenal breakfast. No free coffee in morning. Nothing free. Again..Hampton Inn and others serve this free.
3) No mini fridge in room. I like the mini fridge so I have a place to put my bottle water in to keep it cool. That was bad.
4) No bathroom fan in bathroom (of course). That is not good if you are sharing the room with someone else.
5) Our room was on the 10th floor, but we still heard the lobby noises from the 1st floor. Also heard the noises from the outside of the building. Good thing we had the rooms on the other side of the highway. I would hate to hear what those rooms sounded like.

As you can tell from my candid reviews, the hotel was fair. Would I stay again. No. I think this hotel caters more to the business world, but if I was on business, I would not stay here, myself. I would try the Richardson or Radisson or even the Hampton Inn.

The rooms also still were using the glass glasses in the bathroom. I will never use those since the news out about how hotels don't really wash these glasses. I would rather have seen plastic glasses in the room. I never used the glasses and it was a drag also.

The only good thing about the hotel is the location to the highway, but the Richardson and Radisson are also right next to the highway. Oh well, next time I will try one of these hotels if I'm in the area. But probably will not.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank CANDD1
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

Great brand new business hotel. Room was spacious and clean. Housekeeping always did the room to perfection every day. Easy self-parking across the street.

Tip to those driving from the north: coming southbound on the N Central Expy my GPS would tell me to get off at Galatyn Pky, immediately get right back on the N Central Expy northbound, and immediately exit right to E Lookout Dr. Trouble is: the ramp from Galatyn Pky to the N Central Expy northbound puts you in the leftmost lane of the Expy, and you must exit right about 100 feet after you merge on the left, cutting across four lanes of traffic. While that can be done (illegally, but at least safely) at midnight, it is impossible at 5pm. The proper way to get there is to continue straight on the Galatyn Pky to the next intersection, turn left at Performance Dr, left again at Performance Ct, then right at Plaza Blvd to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business