All reviews parking garage front desk eisemann center the concierge lounge nice hotel dart rail indoor pool staff went out of their way breakfast buffet central expressway rooms were very clean enjoyed my stay valet emily dallas business lawrence
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I visited the Renaissance last week to attend a business gathering. I did not stay overnight, but look forward to doing so on my next trip to Dallas.

I found the hotel cheerful and with a staff of people ready and willing to offer any and all assistance. My main reason for writing however was to compliment the quality of the food we were served.

We had a hot buffet with an Italian flair.The food was beautifully presented and tasted even better. One dish impressed me so much I took the time to write to Marriott customer service, and was answered by David Secrest; Executive Chef of the Renaissance Dallas Hotel.

He took the time to reduce the recipe from restaurant portions to give me a recipe more suited to a home kitchen. Kudos to the chef, the GM and the entire staff of this fine hotel.

I look forward to finding the time to visit Dallas soon and enjoy the hotel in its entirety.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank captmrbill
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I love staying here when I am in the area for business trips. It's the best hotel in the area and I absolutelys love the I inteior of the lobby. People are kind, andtheir food is great. It really is a great pleasure to stay in this hotel. I always recommand it to my co workers.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

First let me start that I am platinum with Marriott. Check in, rooms not what I asked for. Seems a cheer group checked in earlier and got the run of the hotel. Great, people that travel once a year get the upgrades. 1 elevator not working, 4 bus loads of screaming cheerleaders=pure hell. Rooms are due for updates and are pretty worn. Logistics ignored overall

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
matthew k, Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear BLG_houston,

Thank you for taking your time in reviewing our hotel.

First, and foremost, I must apologize for the inconvenience of not recieving an upgrade. We appreciate the loyalty of each and every Platinum member. As a matter of fact, on any given day, Sunday through Thursday, you will find upwards of 50 to 75 on property.

As a Platinum member you are afforded an upgrade, based on availabilty, at check in. Unfortunately, we had three seperate groups on property during your stay and they had contracted all of our suites and club level rooms leaving us without complementary upgrades.

We realize you were looking forward to the upgrade therefore, please contact me when you return, and I will make sure we get you the upgrade you deserve.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience you incurred and look forward to you next stay with us.

Live Life to Discover,

Matthew Keller, Director of Guest Services

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is amazing and David was more than accommodating! Very clean, comfortable bed, and just a beautiful well maintained establishment. I would definitely stay here again when I return because I do plan on coming back!

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Love this hotel. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Staff is great. This is my second weekend here and both times were amazing. The first time the hotel was busy with parties but we checked in quickly and parking was no issue. Self parked.
Our second trip was even better. Did valet parking because it was very cold and we were in and out a lot. With a quick phone call our car would be waiting for us warm and just a step away from the door.
We had the breakfast buffet and it was worth the price around $16.
Close to great shopping and close to Downtown Dallas. Traveling on Hwy 75 and the G Bush Turnpike is a breeze. Don't worry if you can't find out where the toll booths are. We got the bill in the mail. $1.65 but worth it to skip all the traffic.

Date of stay: December 2013