All reviewsparking garageeisemann centernice hotelthe concierge loungedart railindoor poolnext morningbreakfast buffetcentral expresswayroom raterooms were very cleanshort driveenjoyed my stayvaletemilydallasbusiness
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I bought the romance package to surprise my wife. We arrived the day after Christmas. After a wonderful experience checking in, we had high hopes. When we walked into the room, our bottle of champagne had turned into a bottle of red wine. When we called the desk, we were told they were out of champagne. Although disappointed, we agreed to swap it for a nice bottle of Riesling. We then made the mistake of ordering room service. My wife's soup was so salty that it was inedible. They forgot to bring her chicken wings. The tandoori chicken tasted like badly grilled chicken. The cheese plate looked sad and had old grapes on it. They were also out of sparkling water and brought us extra free bottles of the hotel packaged water instead. Maybe the main chef was taking the day off, but it was quite disappointing. The hotel comped our meal and says if they get any champagne in tomorrow, they will give us a bottle. Clearly there is a disconnect somewhere because the hotel staff we talk to are super nice. The room is decent, although as others have mentioned, it doesn't have a mini fridge, slippers or robes. When we come to visit family in the future, we'll probably opt for a quality hotel in downtown Dallas and deal with the longer drive to Richardson.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flyer459900
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a top quality hotel, directly across from a new performance venue in Richardson. The construction of the hotel gives every room an outside view and overlooks the very spacious and beautiful atrium. Well appointed bar, good restaurant, indoor pool and athletic facility and gift shop that never seems to be closed!

Room Tip: The room next to the elevator is convenient, but you will hear it pretty loudly when you are in the bathroom. Doesn't make for a nice time taking a relaxing bath...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Divinit
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed a night here while performing at the Eisemann Center. The lobby area is beautiful-very spacious and attractive. We were treated very well by the staff at check in. Our room had two double beds with new mattresses which were heavenly. There was a small flat screen tv, no premium channels, and no menu or TV guide to help with the channel selection. The directory for the various hotel services was old and very used, creased, scribbled in with a crayon, etc, as was the ubiquitous guide to city attractions. It looked like it had been dropped in the bathtub. Wi-fi will cost you $14/day, and strangely enough, my Verizon LTE network stopped working until the next day when we were on the road again. There are no moderately priced restaurants within walking distance, so be prepared to pay through the nose for room service. I had the $17 breakfast buffet, which was delicious. All of the staff were very gracious and eager to be of help. And it was very convenient to the theatre. I don't know what the rate was, but I hated having no internet, or any cheap places to eat.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been staying in the Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel for about the last ten years. The hotel was brand new when my family and I started visiting, and is great. The rooms have always been clean and taken well care of. During my last visit, I did notice that the room I was staying in was musky and smelled a lot like carpet cleaner. This might have been an isolated incident, however, as the room still appeared to be very clean. The gym is really great and there is a lot of good equipment. All of the staff has been very helpful and friendly. Also, the Starbucks in the lobby is really convenient in the morning and has a good selection.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a nice and luxurious hotel. If you will be staying or conducting business in the area, it is the perfect place to stay. It is far from the airport though, but closer to the Premium Outlets. Staff was very polite and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms with access to the Executive Lounge - great breakfast and dinner treats.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business