All reviewsparking garageeisemann centernice hotelthe concierge loungedart railindoor poolnext morningbreakfast buffetcentral expresswayroom raterooms were very cleanshort driveenjoyed my stayvaletemilydallasbusiness
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Very good hotel to stay at. Nice rooms good size had a mini fridge in the room which was very nice. The hotel was very nice with open atrium to the ceiling of the hotel. the staff were real nice. the hotel is located right at the Dart Light rail station which was right out there door. couldn't be any closer then that. That help a lot since we came by Amtrak train then rode Dart Red line right to the hotel so didn't have to messing with getting a cab. No you don't hear the trains in the rooms we were facing the tracks and station didn't hear any trains. I would stay hear again when coming back to Dallas area. The breakfast buffet was very good they use real eggs and cook them way you like them.

Room Tip: rooms on a high floor with a great view of the city
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This conveniently located property is nicely appointed and staffed with very nice people. Everything is clean and the 12 story open atrium is beautiful. Rooms are plenty big with comfy king beds and upscale bedding. The mini frig is a nice touch. My room rate incl. parking and internet but be prepared to pay extra for these. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to visit the State Fair through a package that was being offered. The hotel is lovely and I found the service and staff to be exceptional. We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff upon arrival. I was travelling with a friend that was experiencing some dental issues and needed a refrigerator so as to store food he had brought with him. The staff informed him that a refrigerator was not available in the standard room. They upgraded him to a suite (at no charge) so that he would have a refrigerator. They remembered his issues and asked about it when they next saw him.
The location on the DART line was so convenient. We parked our cars on Friday night and didn't need to use them again until we left on Sunday. The breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh. They will also prepare eggs any style for you. It was clean and with a wide variety.
The indoor pool was nice and clean however, not that warm for a heated pool so we just jumped in the hot tub instead.
I found the hotel to be very quiet. This is an open concept hotel with the atrium in the middle. I never experienced any noise at all. They provided a coffee maker with cups, coffee, and teas. We enjoyed the tea so much, I left a note for the staff and asked to leave 2 extra packets which she did along with extra accouterments to enjoy the tea. The shower was nice with wonderful AVEDA products and even toothpaste. The towels were nice and think and clean.
This hotel is a little removed from the city or west end but with the DART line we just enjoyed our relaxing ride and were there in no time.
The state fair package cannot be beat. Would highly recommend this hotel. I have stayed at all the Marriott lines and am usually happy with the level of service. As their signature line, this did not disappoint.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I will start by saying we had a great 2 night stay here. Hotel was clean, wonderfully decorated and the king room was spacious. Service was great also other than one instance when the staff informed us the shuttle was for business only when we needed a ride a mile to the convenience store. Other than that, the service was excellent. We placed a blind bid for a room on priceline and was surprised to get a room here. Everything pointed to 4 stars until we got into the room. Yes, it was spacious, clean and had a large bedroom and comfortable bed. But so has most 3 star hotels we have stayed at. Our room had NO fridge...is this normal for the nicer hotels? I have stayed at some real dives in my time that did have a fridge in the room. Why is WiFi not free? I have payed a lot less money and received free wifi. I thought that a little strange also. Another thing was drink prices at the lounge! Holy cow!!! I guess they figure if you can afford their rooms, you can afford outrageous drink prices and to pay for internet services. Had I payed full price for this hotel, I would have been really disappointed. I did pay a 3 star price so I was not terribly disappointed. The location was withing walking distance to the DART station which was awesome. We went all over town and never fought traffic. We slept well, the beds were like sleeping on a cloud, the room was quiet, so overall I would give this hotel a very good rating, but I must point out what I thought could have been different for a 4 star hotel. In the future I may have to rethink the idea of 4 star hotels...

Room Tip: Maybe some rooms have a fridge, ask first.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding this past weekend and it was great. The staff was very welcoming, polite and helpful with organizing trips to and from the airport. Their shuttle also takes you anywhere within 5 miles for free. The interior was nice enough - not that it looked bad, but it looked a lot better on the website than in real life. Nevertheless, the rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. Didn't get a chance to try their breakfast but my travel buddy said it was nice (not complimentary though).The best part is the easy access to the train which is right across from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family