“Good value on short notice for above average hotel”

Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The sudden demise of our home's HVAC in the middle of July (and the usual Texas heat) caused our need for 2 bedrooms at a local, affordable hotel within a short drive of our home. Fortunate to have found the rooms, using Marriott points at a 3rd off - 10,000 per room instead of usual 15,000 - or we could have paid $101 per room at the "Senior Rate". Hotel is primarily a "business hotel" as it is next to major highway and the very nearby DART rail line station, and is in the midst of several corporate office buildings. (However, it is also adjacent to the Eisenmann Performance Center for those who would like to combine an evening's entertainment with a very short walk across the street for nice night's stay.) Typically furnished to Marriott's higher standards: noticeably newer facility with great bedding, attentive staff, and well insulated from highway traffic noise. Only negative was the $11 overnight parking fee for using the Eisenmann's parking garage. Unfortunately, we've stayed here before when we experienced water flooding into our home after a pipe burst during a long term hard freeze in January 2010, so I knew where to look first.

Room Tip: All rooms should be OK, since ours face the highway and was well insulated from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Looking for a great place to base yourself out of while doing business in the greater Dallas area? No need to look further than The Renaissance Hotel in Richardson TX. Whether you are holding a conference or doing business, this hotel has it all. A helpful staff to assist in planning your event or to do whatever is needed to keep you on the go, a top notch concierge suite (soon to receive a complete upgrade I understand), and a Management team that fully understands the wants and needs of the business traveler. I've read where others have had not so "positive" experiences here but having traveled extensively for 20 years or so I've learned that every hotel can have a bad day - we all do. So far, no bad experiences for me at this property. If I have one, I'll write it up!

Room Tip: Go for the suites on the outside corners of the building. They are quiet and spacious. Sure they c...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I posted a review some time ago. It was mostly positive but focused on business travel.

I stared with my family one weekend night.

I found a few things noteworthy:
1. When I got there, the front desk was empty. It was noon. I waited 10 minutes for someone to show up while the phones were ringing off the hook.
2. Room key still won't operate the garage.
3. If you stay in a room near the train station be prepared to hear what sounds like an incoming email from MS Outlook every few minutes. At first I swore I had my laptop with me and connected. However it's the train arrival noise and its loud enough to actually wake you up if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I am currently in this hotel, I had read the reviews and I am not impressed by the service in the least. No one stands out, I call front desk and it rings forever, I go down there to see 2 people standing around talking. I don't have a clue what people are talking about for service????

Yesterday my friend was asking for a fridge, she was told they were out. She was concerned about refrigerating her pumped milk. In our conversation I mentioned I would not think to have to ask as a low end Fairfield has a fridge in the room, at that the front desk guy rudely advised that Fairfield was a different chain. I fired back that so was thae Ritz, and they had fridges! As we just stood there he decided to have one brought from a vacant room to her room. So I guess they were not OUT!

My room does have an odd smell that I can't put my finger on.

I am on tenth floor so no noise from below but there is a constant ding dong sound I think is elevators, I am on other side of attrium from them. It is very annoying.

Otherwise as a frequent traveler the room is as expected, nice bed, terribly slow Internet, clean bath.

One nice thing, room service brought coffee in a Starbucks cup this morning, I liked being able to add my cream and Splenda and take with me.

This is not a horrible place but it does not have anything that make it stand out.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I would be shocked if this was not a former Embassy Suites or similar before Renaissance took over. It has a layout where all rooms/hallways face into an open atrium (like most ES). I was high enough up where the atrium bar wasn't noisy for me, but sometimes this can be an issue. The cost seemed high given others in the area (another coworker selected this 1st and I am a "Marriott Guy" so OK!). The service is what I would expect from a Renaissance - excellent. The look and feel felt dated... I would recommend this hotel for an "in and out" business trip. This was NOT a hotel where I felt, "I gotta come back here with my wife!". The Concierge breakfast was pretty good (plenty of stuff, but fresh fruit salad was pitiful). We got a ride from the shuttle service over to a local restaurant - again, excellent service.

I would stay here if the location is perfect for you and the cost is within your travel budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

That's really all that I can say about this hotel as being exceptional. The staff went out of their way, it seemed to help us with anything...even warming up milk for our baby. However the hotel seems older, mustier than it looks from the outside. The rooms overlook a courtyard area which can be a bit noisy at times, especially on a Saturday night. The room we stayed in was basic. Roomy bathroom, aveda products (my fave) and comfy beds were the highlight. My big issue was the morning breakfast buffet. To my shock it was $17 per person! And though they offered quite a spread, the food was not up to par. The pancakes were overcooked, the eggs were dry, the coffee was lukewarm...nothing looked appealing at all. Very disappointing. Glad we got the room for only $89.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The rooms are nothing special. The bed skirts were dirty. The tv service was poor quality. The audio cut in and out and the picture was fuzzy on many chanels. Most major hotels dont charge for internet, but they charge $14 a day. What a rip off! We ordered room service and found it to be very expensive and the food was not that good. The indoor pool was very cold. We could only swim for about 15 minutes before we had to get out from the cold. The only thing I found to be nice was the lounge. We stayed at the Holiday Inn 10 minutes away and it was much nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012