“Love the Renaissance in Richardson”

Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a great place to get away and rest up. My daughter and two granddaughters joined me for a short get away and this is the best place to rest and relax. The room was super clean and the staff was awesome. The valet people and ladies at thr front desk were super. Any question we had, the staff went beyond the call of duty to help us. Lots of shopping and great restaurants are close. In fact, too many to choose from. LOL!!!The breakfast was fantastic! Way to go Renaissance, we will be back. Hopefully, soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Hi,

I travel on business a lot, I already have over 100 nights at Marriott hotels this year. I've stayed at this hotel 4 times this year.

This is a very nice and clean hotel, service is great, people are great... overall great.

Some small issues:

1. parking situation. The room keys rarely work in the garage. And,. there's often no one there to help when it's not busy. Parking should be free and easy in this area... it's Richardson, not New York City.

2. room upgrades. Even when the hotel is empty, I rarely get an upgrade. I know what you're saying... who do you think you are. Well, when you stay well over 100 nights a year with a hotel chain, you do expect this. I always seem to get a standard room not even on the lounge floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place looks like it was once an Embassy Suites hotel - huge open atrium with rooms all around the outside, a ground floor restaurant and bar.

I'd definitely stay here again - especially when visiting Dell.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our experience at this hotel was wonderful. Each employee from the valet person to front desk gave excellent service. The restaurant, gift shop, and all other emplyees we came in contact with gave exceptional service also. The room was clean and very nice also. The lobby was beautiful and my daughter enjoyed the indoor pool as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend at your hotel, not only was it a great weekend but one of your employee's made it even better. Her name was Emily and my husband just mentioned in passing that we where there for my birthday. About 2 hours later 2 pieces of chocolate cake and a bottle of wine was delivered to our room. It really was a wonderful surprise and truly blessed us. Emily has made a lasting impression on us and we will be back and will tell others about our stay. Please thank Emily for us, she really impressed us.

Mr and Mrs Rick Clement, Madill OK

Room Tip: Not only was the service great, the location is excellent for short travel to fine dining and entert...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

beautiful property and the room although small, was quite lovely and comfortable. We had dinner sent up to the room and it was very good as well. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I was unable to stay here, due to management's inability to accommodate something 'outside the norm'. I travel in a large vehicle, & sometimes parking can be an issue. For this fact, I rarely make reservations ahead of time at an unfamiliar property. It was a weekend night, & the property showed plenty of available rooms, so I decided to give it a shot. Upon arrival, I noticed a parking garage on the left- which wouldn't work for me- and some spaces in front of hotel. There was a valet out front, so I inquired about parking. He checked w/ management, & it was decided that he would move a pickup, & I could park there. I went in to secure the room, & the clerk tried to overcharge me for the room. Properties could get away w/ this in the past, but keep in mind I have a Marriott app in my pocket that I can use! After he magically 'found' the lower rate & was completing my reservation, the manager came out & verified the parking situation. THEN proceeded to inform me there was an $18 valet fee, they weren't 'set up' for self parking. Really? For me parking in a spot? No thanks. I know mine is a unique situation, but in the end, it's all about being accommodating, which this property definately is not.

• Stayed: July 2012
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for the insight of where our limited self parking did present an opportunity which we need to address. As you did see just steps away from our porte cache entrance is our garage which accommodates cars, suv's and most pick ups. The exception to our normal valet fee should of been made available to you as an accommodation under the traveling circumstances of the vehicle. I do apologize to you and the family as we should of at least offered a secure location in the rear of our building. Regarding the rate information you mentioned, our rates do fluctuate so we may have a training opportunity with a reception ambassador who is not familiar with how to search and verify a discont off of our daily rate. Nothing intentional I assure you. Again, thank you for all of your good feedback and next time you may be in search of accommodations in our area, please reach out to me and I will guarantee to find you parking for your vehicle and ensure the rate we have is correct. Have a great summer!