All reviews parking garage eisemann center nice hotel the concierge lounge dart rail indoor pool next morning breakfast buffet central expressway room rate rooms were very clean short drive enjoyed my stay valet emily dallas business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel staff went out of their way to make this a comfortable and fun experience for my family. The rooms are clean and the location is perfect for shopping in Dallas/Plano. Bill is the hotel manager, and he'll go out of his way to take care of a problem himself if something is out of place. Definitely VIP treatment...Renaissance in Richardson is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel is very elegant and pays good attention to detail when decorating. The rooms are large and comfortable. Great pool, hot tub, and workout facility. The restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. Don't buy the $16.00 buffet breakfast you will be disappointed, it should be complimentary. The hotel staff are exceptional but the restaurant staff will ignore you. We spoke to the manager and he immediately comped the breakfast but it shouldn't have occurred because they had plenty of staff to cover the amount of people in the restaurant. Don't let that stop you from staying there though because everything else was wonderful. Their conference areas are very large. They have dancing fountains next to them that my boys had an excellent time playing in at night.

Room Tip: Turn your air down and check to make sure it works properly in case you need to call maintenance to fix. They were very prompt about fixing ours to run better.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Hello Mindyelaine43, very much appreciate your feed back from your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our staff as they take pride in making a difference in the guest experience. Sorry we were unable to offer a complimentary breakfast with the room and as a hint for your return trip to us, please consider our room & breakfast package. For the light or healthy breakfast option, we do offer a substantial discount for the continental breakfast portion of our morning buffet service. The cold selection of fruit, yogurt, muffins, bagels and smoked salmon etc are a great value add on when one books the room only reservation. The Galatyn Park development outside of our Maestro's Restaurant with our "dancing fountain" is a real cool feature for kids and adults. Next time you are with us maybe take a ride on the DART that is adjacent to the hotel and our Navigators can offer some suggested trip routes that are fun and convenient to explore. Thank You again and I look forward to having you back with us soon. We have a fabulous Texas State Fair Package that includes your room, DART and fair tickets! Best Wishes, Bill

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel on very short notice this week. I was pleasantly surprised; The staff was exceptionally courteous. In fact, because of my very early departure the restaurant was not yet open - but the staff went above and beyond and made me a cup of much needed coffee. Little touches like that are really nice in situations like this!

The decor was relatively contemporary (I love the local art glass). I was amused at the West Elm throw pillows (I am a West Elm fan, otherwise no one would know).

Guest Room: Overall the room was large, clean and the beds were comfortable. One very minor detail - the wallpaper by the desk in room 604 had been damaged and needs to be maintained.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Greetings Spunkykiki, Many thanks for your review and sorry you were not able to stay a little later and enjoy a breakfast with us on your early morning departure. The friendliness of our staff puts a big smile on many faces and to read how they were accommodating on your moring out and they came through with a fresh cup to help get your morning going. Will check out the wall comment you made regarding your room and glad you were able to relax and noticed how spacious our rooms are. Yes, we do have very nice decor and some have made reference to us being a "mini Belagio" with our glass and fountain features. Please come back on your next business trip and keep us in mind for a fun weekend get-a-way, the DART rail system directly outside of our hotel is a blast to use and explore the sights of Dallas. Warm Regards, Bill

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just stayed here for the weekend on a business trip. Nice accommodations... comfortable beds for sure. Bummed out there was no wet bar or refrigerator in my standard room. Elevators were not always working properly, I had trouble getting the 8th floor button pushed in on one of the cars pretty consistently. But their were 3 cars available, so I just had to switch over.

Rooms were nice, nice Aveda amenities too.
Food at the bar was OK. Restaurant was very nice, we ate as a group there and everyone really enjoyed their food. Service at the bar seemed a bit under staffed for sure... slow responses.

There is a nice little Mexican restaurant right across the street, which was great to have that option. Good food there. There were also cool fountains out to the side of the hotel.... we all joked that it was a mini Bellagio ;)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Top Of The Day Catchtape, Glad you were able to enjoy your weekend stay with us and the Galatyn Park Development with the "dancing" fountain, night time is a real photo opportunity. Your correct, our standard rooms are well appointed as you touched upon and they do not include a wet bar. We do have over 40 suites which do have that wet bar you mentioned so next time maybe consider as an option for your additional comforts. Occassionally there is a slight delay in the elevator service when we have a weekend group conference and they all break at teh same time, I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. The Mexican restaurant directly outside our front door is yummy, we have many good comments on their menu and service, I will pass your comments onto them. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back and I look forward to being of service to you in the near future. Bill

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Everyone in the hotel was extremely friendly and helpful, offering any information they thought would be helpful for our stay. The room was absolutely beautiful and the amenities top notch. Our room was extremely clean with plenty of towels and amenities. The breakfast buffet was the nicest I have ever seen in a hotel...fresh salmon and capers!! The chef came around to make sure we had everything we needed. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to the Dallas area! And, we are looking forward to it. Couldn't say anything negative! Even though it is off Hwy 75 it was a quiet area. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family