“Great Hotel, Great Staff and Great Food”

Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I was in Dallas for a business trip and we had our meeting at the Richardson Renaissance Hotel and it was overall a great trip. The hotel arranged taxi service for me at the airport which worked out great - I did not have to wait for a shuttle. Service was incredible throughout our stay from the front desk to the lounge to the waitstaff for our banquets. The food was outstanding - best food I have had at a meeting in a long time. Would recommend to anyone for a meeting in the future - great choice ! Thank you !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LW_Awesomeboss
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Hello "LW", many sincere thanks to you for taking the time to tell us about your guest experience and the airport transportation services which our Renaissance Richardson Hotel provided. We often hear from "raving fans" about our chef's food and our meeting/banquet facilities. Come back soon and again, thank you for telling us how we served you! Bill

Reviewed August 8, 2011

It's not that it was a bad visit we just weren't wowed by our visit. The rooms were clean and nice. The hotel lobby was clean.

The service was good but not great. The front desk help was very nice and the people working the bar restaurant were nice. Only two negatives when it comes to service where when asked for towels to be brought up to our room and it took 4 hours. Then we asked for a remote control for our room and they were very slow about getting that to us. We had to call the front desk many times to check the status.

Like I said....nothing terrible just was hoping for a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shane560
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank You Shane for giving us some insight on your guest experience, unsure at this moment to why the long delay in the delivery of the towels and response time for our remote control. You've offered up good details for us to go back and re-look at where our internal communication broke down. Agree, not a terrible stay but not up to the expectation. Please give us another opportunity to "WOW" you. Bill

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I'll start w the negative. Their breakfast buffet was very disappointing. My family and I got there at ten w an hour left for the buffet and the eggs were very dry, the biscuits were hard, the potatoes were without flavor, the bacon was cold and so was the sausage. They do not have an omelette station They had very little staff to provide service. I've stayed at three Marriott's this summer and the other two stays had much better buffets.

The hotel is very well maintained. We enjoyed the pool. Our room was spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2011

Greetings Travelnut, appreciate your feedback on the shortfall of our breakfast buffet, we obviously missed on paying attention to the details that morning and I do apologize to you and the family. Overall I see your stay was a good one and thank you for telling us the good as well.
We share the customer feedback with our ambassador team and I know many will be most grateful to see the rating of a "5" for location, your guest room and our overall cleanliness. Look forward to your return trip and we'll have that buffet right. Bill

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I often travel here for business and have to say the hotel is very nice. It's large, airy, yet still provides a nice level of modern comfort and a great deal of hospitality! The staff is just wonderful. If there is anything you need, the staff is right there to take care of the situation. They are friendly, warm and genuienly enjoy what they do - they are very customer oriented. Nice sized rooms, suites available, good gym with a number of machines, weights, pool, etc. Everything is clean and they have nice food options available. Let me also mention they have a side cafe where they servce/make all Starbucks drinks....LOVE THAT! Parking is extra and is located in an indoor garage right there in the area. They also have 2 additional seperate restaurants in the area if you don't want to eat at the hotel. They have a fun water feature/fountain with lights that kids and adults can enjoy and cool off by playing in the water. All round a great place...that's why I keep coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room looking over the fountain
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Hello Chicago Traveler, you rock! Thanks for all of the fabulous feedback on your entire guest experience at our Renaissance Richardson Hotel. Next time we'll work a little harder to earn an even 100% on the review. Apprecaite your honesty on every touching point of service which we offer. Come back soon! Bill

Reviewed August 2, 2011

The renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel looks very nice, but the room and service is not as describe. I stay there for two night 7/30-7/31/2011. We request more towels and things, but nothing happened. Also, went the room service clean the room, they didn't refill any kind of shampoo and body cleanser....so i need to go and ask them to give me some. The other thing is, the room is not clean at all, the carpet have stains. When we book the room it said the room have two Queen size beds, but end up two full size beds and those beds are way too soft. But other than the room, the hotel is great, I love the swimming pool.....but the reason of staying in a hotel is to have a place to stay over night, because of the quality of the room....I will not come back.

Room Tip: make sure you are getting the room as described.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

So happy to read you thought we were a "great hotel" but my most sincere apology for
the less than acceptable condition of the room you were in this past weekend. We do
have a carpet care program as one will see through out but obviosly we have missed
a room which needs immediate attention, we will go on the hunt to identify and then
review our prosesses to see how this slipped through the cracks. Unsure to why we did not
follow back up on the towel request or the additional amenity replacement for your
second night's stay. In theory, we are to replace any bathroom amenity when the bottle
reaches the 1/2 full level. Appreciate hearing there is still information out there on our bedding
as we thought we located every site and updated to our curent "full size" in those rooms
with two beds. Very much apprecaite your feed back and to hear how you loved the pool, please do give us another opportunity to be of service to you when in our area. Do reach out to me on however I may be of assistance for a return stay. Thank You, Bill

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Enjoyable stay after mediocre experiences at the Doubletree and Radisson. Modern, large rooms, excellent concierge lounge with real food and a good restaurant off the lobby. Bonus- a very good Mexican restaurant across the street .
Only negative is they charge for parking, but I grumbled about that at checkin and they gave me a better rate on my room that more than offset the parking.

Room Tip: Ask for the concierge level
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Sorry to hear of less than pleasant experiences at several of the other hotels in the area but I am most thankful you did "discover" us. Our concierge club lounge upgrade is a terrific value add on as nothing like having a meal and/or snack option from 6a-10p included in the room rate and have that "skyline" view of the area. Thank you for letting us know how we served you and look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have used this hotel for the past 5 years and have only great things to say. I conduct large scale business meetings and have used this hotel for meeting rooms and sleeping rooms. As a guest I am very impressed with how nice the team of employees are here in this hotel everytime I visit. The people really make the difference! Great place to stay and work.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words for our "ambassador team" and hotel. We take great pride in offering hospitality with a smile and to personalize the guest experience. Our AAA Four Diamond Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel offers over 30000 sqft of high quality meeting and banquet space and I am most grateful for your loyalty to help support our ambassadors and their famalies.