“What a selection!?”

Twisted Root Burger Co.
Ranked #7 of 426 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The menu of exotic and interesting meat choices that were on the menu was the major draw for stopping by. I have had bison before and really wanted to have another burger and stumbled upon this place while visiting Dallas.
It is quite an eclectic setting and quirky atmosphere for a burger place. I really enjoyed it. So many options, topping, drink choices and freebies (I do love a pickle bar). I really appreciated all the burgers came with the fixings on the side. This almost allowed a picnic type feel while you sat at your table and built your perfect burger.
The sweet potato chips were awesome! I really liked that they were sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar combination. Fried pickles are always a favorite and the fries were delicious too!
I will certainly recommend letting your eyes roam. There are so many things written, hung and mounted to the walls that will keep your attention for hours.
I will be back; there are so many things to try!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Big burger fan, been around the block a few times and this place rocks. Top to bottom, from the actual burger to the menu to the service to the atmosphere, this place is an awesome burger joint. Simple things like free pickles (wasabi sweet pickles in particular) and plentiful portions set the tone for this first rate experience. Guy F and Triple D have stopped by so an episode will give you the visual if you need it. If your in north Dallas any time soon, make sure to stop by this place.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This place has some of the best burgers I've ever eaten. On our first visit we ordered just 1 burger to split, thinking it would be huge, but it wasn't. The burger was SO GOOD that we went back an ordered another one. No frills about this place, just good burgers!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food was very good overall, I had the 'sissy burger' - i/e a burger without the bun. Meat tasted good and the salad was good.

Loved the different pickles.

Service was top. My friend, who doesn't eat pork, mistakenly ordered a salad with bacon (her fault 100% - it was clearly listed). She asked if she could order another and said she would gladly pay again. They were having none of it! They made a whole new meal on the house and even let us keep the old one as it would have just gone to waste otherwise.

Great work! Made us feel welcome and we will defo go back while in Dallas.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Twisted Root is a local chain of burger joints that are heavily decorated in a casual style in their venues. Menu options include unique combinations and game meats like bison, and other options as seasonally available. The meat quality is par for a burger joint, but the variety of toppings and quality of the bun make up for the lackluster standard patty option, especially considering a burger with no sides averages $12, which is high for the area competition.

The only reason I would not give this restaurant an Excellent for its genre is because of this particular location's staff attitude. On several occasions, the cashier has been bored or rude to questions, and next to the register is a sardonic sign that says "Oh, you're a paying customer? Then sure, tell me how to do my job." I feel both the signage and the actual attitude conveyed by several staff is too flippant to say this is an 'Excellent' experience, but maybe that's the mood they're going for...