“Great Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Malakoff, Texas, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The Chocolate Angel is a great little cafe tucked into an antique mall. I had the trio of sandwich, soup, and pasta salad. The food is excellent. The staff was a little slow. We waited a long time for our check. Overall we loved it!

• Visited July 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Excellent food and atmosphere... better than most tea rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Today I went to the Chocolate Angel with the ladies in my family to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. I have been to several tea rooms and am usually disappointed with both food and service. Not the case today. The atmosphere is lovely and will be especially appreciated by ladies. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had the salad sampler with chicken salad (nuts, cranberries yum), spinach salad (nuts, strawberries and blue cheese) and pasta salad. The pasta salad was my least favorite although good. It is also served with a scone with cranberries. Absolutely delicious! So wonderful. Others at my table had the special pimento cheese sandwich. Now I am not a fan of Pimento cheese, but let me tell you it melted in my mouth. I only got a small taste, but it was absolutely yummy with bacon. Next time I go I will have that! My mom had the coconut pie and sister in laws had the chocolate pie (more brownie like). I tasted them and the crust was excellent. Service was prompt, friendly and informative. There are two separate eating areas and you could probably rent one of the rooms for a baby or wedding shower. There is also outdoor seating although too hot in Texas in late June!

The only areas I think that could be improved would be two items. This is only my opinion as I think it would add to the overall experience. I think they need to serve some little muffins or bread while you are waiting for your food. They could service a small basket of mini muffins and small rolls with some type of special butter. i just think that would have made this place absolute perfection. One other thing is that it is called the "Chocolate Angel," but there is not much with chocolate. Only one chocolate fudge type pie. I thought they should have had a "chocolate sampler" or maybe some chocolate bread pudding. Just ideas and not criticisms.

It was a fantastic lunch and worth the drive. I highly recommend and we have some amazing cooks in our family that all gave their seals of approval. Go and take some of your lady friends and you will have a wonderful time!

Lindale, Texas
“Ladies will enjoy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Chocolate Angel is a nice tea room with good food. I had a cobb salad which was very good, even though they failed to put the egg on it. I did NOT like the crackers which had dill on them. The desserts are good as well. Reservations are needed because they are always busy. Wish they served wine.

Bartlesville OK
“Perfect for Ladies Who Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Enjoyed salad sampler platter-tuna, pasta, and strawberry pretzel. All were fresh and of high quality ingredients, accompanied by a scone. Best strawberry pretzel salad I've ever had. Friend and I split a piece of decadent fudge pie, served warm with whipped cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.

Fun shabby chic decor. Saw "girls" ranging from two to 82 lunching here. Would recommend.

Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Love It!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Wonderful salads and lunch! This is a ladies lunch place that specializes in light lunches and salads. The desserts are great as well. I always save room for the Coconut Custard pie. One of the best pieces of pie anywhere! When I am in the Dallas area I always stop in at the Chocolate Angel.

• Visited January 2012