“Fraud as a car museum”

The North Texas Automotive Museum
Ranked #19 of 24 things to do in Richardson
More attraction details
Owner description: The NTX Auto Museum is open to the public. We have a unique collection of automobiles as well as party and banquet space.
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This place uses the lure of a Mercedes 540K in their advertising. They don't have one. They have some kind of kit car they have the audacity to call a 540K, even suggesting on their placards that this is one of only about 15 of these cars in existence, and that one sold for $10,000,000 this summer. They had at least one other car advertised as the real thing which was a cheap kit car, and I suspect others, though I didn't stay around long enough to find out. When I complained that I had driven 70 miles specifically to see a Mercedes 540K (as advertised and confirmed on the phone before I drove there) the guy wouldn't even admit it's a fake. This is not a car museum - it's a banquet hall rental place. It's one thing to put a nice replica in a real museum if you identify it as such, but this was outright fraud.

8  Thank Craig H

Reviewed January 21, 2011

The place is nice on the inside but the staff there are nothing like real professionals should be. My fiancee and I were looking to have our wedding reception there and we supposedly got a "good deal". We asked for specific details of what the contract would entail and we specifically asked if, for any reason, we needed to cancel the reservation, would we be able to get our deposit back. The manager and the events coordinator told us we would. Apparently they just use "deals" to try to get you reeled in. To make a long story short, we had to cancel the reservation for personal issues and we ended up losing more than $1,000 in the process because they refused to return the money. Plus the employees we talked to about it where super rude and disrespectful about the whole matter. I would never reccomend this place to anyone

3  Thank silver758
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Choosing to have both my wedding ceremony and reception at the NTX Auto Museum was a wonderful, delightful experience. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable leaving no detail unfinished. My husband loved bragging to anyone who would listen that we got married at a car museum. It really got him interested in the planning process, and it did not hurt that it was a great deal. The platinum floors were my favorite part because it added an extra touch of glamour and elegance. Everyone raved about the originality of the venue and said it looked like I was floating across the floor. It was magical.

2  Thank clo_nj
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Don't let the outside of the building fool you, within is the best automobile museum in Dallas. For any wedding, corporate event or convention hall NTX Automotive Museum, ROCKS! Our company held an event there of over 500 people, the food was amazing, in an elegant space with Live Band on the rotating stage. Everyone had a great time taking pictures of each other and the Millions of Dollars in vintage, classic and muscle cars.

2  Thank Old_Chevy_Man
See more reviews
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I wouldn't recommend NTX for brides that are still looking for a venue. We had a horrible experience. Not only did the venue completely change the enire look and feel of the banquet room with out giving us any warning after the contract had been signed, we went throught 3 different coordinators! The worst part was the day before my wedding, the 3rd event coordinator quit and we were to set up and do EVERYTHING ourselves the night before and the venue did absolutely NOTHING to help us out. No " Sorry for the inconvenience and we will do what we can to help you since we are putting you in a bind the night before your wededing." Actually, a few of the venders that offered to help us out in the crisis, said that the owner of NTX came up to them and said that we were "Picky, Picky people b/c we wanted all of the white linens cleaned prior to the wedding." -- WOW!
My wedding was beautiful thanks the 20 family members that stepped in the day before the wedding to set up but I wouldn't recommend using this venue for any event.

5  Thank csbride