“Very Good”

Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson
Reserve with OpenTable
Silver Fox Steakhouse Richardson is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 430 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South West Corner of George Bush and Jupiter
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Very good and friendly Service, overall very good food (salad was quite good, excellent mashed potatoes), excellent wine selection. Atmosphere is dark yet appealing (though on my visit the temperature in the restaurant was too cold for me). I was not blown away by the steak(flllet) I was served but it was definitely quite good.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great meal here after a long day of travel. Our steaks were cooked perfectly (we both enjoyed filets prepared with the signature "Silver Fox" edition). We received exceptional service and recommendations from our waiter, Alex. The owner made it a point to speak with every patron and made us feel very welcome. We finished our meal with their Creme Brûlée which was also exceptional. They seem to host a lot of visiting business people and do a great job.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here for the 2nd time recently. It had been several years since we had been here and I really don't understand what took us so long to get back?! Silver Fox is owned by the same people who own III Forks but it doesn't get near the publicity for whatever reason. The menu is similar (they even have the III Forks Salad) and the food is just as good...but you don't have to deal with the over-crowded atmosphere. There are not that many 4 or 5 star restaurants to be found in Richardson, so we consider this to be a bit of a gem.

Silver Fox offers a couple's meal so we decided to go that route. The value that was included was too good to pass up, including steaks, sides, and salads for the same price as steaks alone. We remembered that we liked the crab cakes here so we also ordered one to start. We are extremely picky when it comes to crab cakes and most places claim to not have "too much breading"; but then almost always disappoint with a crusty version of a hush puppy with crab in it. These did not disappoint!! Absolutely fantastic and LOADED with lumps of fresh crab meat! We also had to try their seared scallops. WOW were we impressed with these monsters! Beautiful, clean, cooked to perfection and served over a great sauce.

We thoroughly enjoyed our Filets, fully plated with whipped potatoes and snap prepared perfectly, rare for me, medium rare for my wife. We also enjoyed a side of their Maker's Mark mushrooms. Not your typical red wine mushrooms served at most steak restaurants. I enjoyed them, but my wife was not a fan. The wine selection is nice. We happened to be there on a night when they did not have a sommelier on staff; however, we were able to agree on a great wine with an excellent vintage and they served it at a perfect temperature.

We have decided that we will definitely be going back and much sooner this time!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It is usually only on a special occasion that we visit the Silver Fox. We enjoyed steak, cold water lobster, scallops and a great wine.

We were seated promptly, and had immediate service. Our server made a great wine recommendation, and did an overall decent job of attending to our needs. I would of liked a bit more checking in on, and being the person that brought our order to the table. My steak was a bit undercooked, but everything else was very good.

Expect to be paying for a quality dinner, with a lot less noise than some of the other steak houses of this caliber. Our server could of been a bit more attentive, and our tip reflected this.

Usually when we visit, the owner usually stops by the table, or one of the managers. The location has skipped a beat since first opening, but is still a very nice option for fine dining.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I liked the Silver Fox. It seemed to have more atmosphere than some of the other steak restaurants in Dallas that I've been to - the decor was excellent and classy.
Drinks at the bar first were great and very relaxing.
Dinner was also good - great wine although I think I've had better steak at other places. I went for the bone-in Filet. Nothing wrong with it - it was very nice, but not the best.
It's quite a way out of town though so you sort of need to live nearby. Not sure I'd make the effort to drive out to it again, but if I was local I probably would.