“Glad I found this last minute choice”

Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Campbell
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This hotel choice was last minute because I decided I didn't want to drive the last 5 hours of my trip. I stopped at a Starbucks to get wifi and hunted for hotels by their customer rating (Hotels.com). This one was rated excellent and I can see why. Plus it was at a nice rate.
When I first entered the lobby I noticed the Bistro cafe and "we serve Starbucks" sign. OK, this was nice. Then I noticed the huge lobby, nicely decorated.
Ricky helped get me checked in. Very polite and informative.
The room is very nice and comfortable. I haven't fallen asleep yet so don't know how the bed feels.
The Bistro has yummy sandwiches. My husband got the turkey bacon and I got the turkey reuben. I thought it was a bit pricey but then it came with 2 sides and the gentleman behind the counter actually cooked them right then. These were not ready made but freshly made! You can also order for room service.
This hotel has a washer and dryer which is nice since this was an unplanned stay and I needed some clean clothes. In case you stay here for a while plan to bring detergent and dryer sheets because the charge for them at the desk is a dollar each and it's only for one load (detergent) and 2 dryer sheets. It's a $1 a load for the washer and $1 a load for the dryer (30 minute cycles).
The room has a small fridge.
It sits tucks away from the highway but isn't far from a lot of restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Campbell

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I travel to Richardson 5-6 times a year and have stayed here multiple times. The location is close to our office and many restaurant choices are a 5 minute drive away. I prefer the nearby Renaissance because of its excellent fitness center and pool but the Courtyard staff does a good job and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The fitness center consists of two treadmills and an elliptical machine plus some dumbbells and needs to be upgraded. The restaurant was changed from a buffet to cook to order and breakfast options are good. Beers are overpriced so stop on the way for your beverage of choice.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Quick overnight trip to Dallas for work. Courtyard was close to where I was heading. The hotel was clean and well run. The first room that I was given turned out to be a bit messy. I called the front desk and a new room was assigned to me immediately. Very good service. All in all, I would recommend when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I came to this location for a business trip. I had no choice on what hotel we would be staying at but I was glad they chose this one. Very classy and very nice. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent for a free breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in that area. Our rooms were very clean and the facility was very nice. The people checking us in were friendly and helpful. My wife would have liked this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Located close to Highway 75 and near 635 makes this a very convenient spot. It sits off the main road so it is quite and there is little traffic on the road to the property. There are a number of restaurants nearby plus grocery stores, gas stations, etc..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting the Dallas area. It is located in a quiet area in Richardson yet close to the north central expressway making it easy to get around. This appears to be a somewhat older Courtyard that has been recently renovated. The lobby was very clean and modern. The room was also quite nice, very clean and the bed was comfortable. My one complaint is that the WiFi was very slow at the time, which may have just been a fluke. I stayed on a Saturday and got a rate of $59 which for the overall quality of the hotel seems like an excellent value. Overall I was pleased with my stay and would recommend this property, particularly if you can get it at a good rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I was all ready to give 4 stars for the quiet & clean room, friendly staff and comfortable bed. The only downside was the in-wall A/C unit, but at least it was on an in-room thermostat which is better than the typical in-wall units.

HOWEVER, on the last night of my stay, I was jolted awake by the fire alarm screaming at 2:30 AM. It was only on for a few minutes - I have no idea what the heck happened - but I had a horrible time getting back to sleep and I was dead on my feet the next morning.

It would have been nice to be comped for the night, or at least gotten a "sorry" note.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business