“Clean and great price”

Courtyard Dallas Richardson at Campbell
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I needed a middle-way stop while on the way to Oklahoma and stayed here. I compared prices and checked reviews before making a reservation here. The price was amazing for the quality. The room was very clean and perfectly decorated. We have paid more at "higher end" hotels which were not as clean and finely detailed as the room we got. I felt very safe with the location and the parking lot was well lit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roni B

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last weekend while visiting our son at UT Dallas. Close to the university to visit. Very large room with king size bed and sleeper sofa. The bed & linens were so comfortable, I did not want to get out of bed! Got a terrific rate on Marriott site for $55.00 per nite prepaid. Breakfast was not included. Did not eat at the Bistro, so cannot comment on food.

Room Tip: Avoid 1st floor end of hall. Lots of traffic in and out door.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kwtexas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

One night stay with my grand-kids and enjoyed the stay. Rooms were very clean, comfortable beds. Pool area well maintained. Customer service AWESOME! I will put this on my "TO STAY LIST" for future visits in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Inmandebra
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was traveling for work and this location was right around the corner from where the meetings were being held. The hotel was very clean and well staffed. The lobby included a lounge area that was spacious and a small restaurant. I would suggest taking advantage of the restaurant, it was convenient and served good food and drinks. This was especially convenient for breakfast on the way out the door.

But what stands out the most was the staff. They were pleasant, helpful, and lively. They would have made the stay worth it alone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cicnavi
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Our room was easy to get to after check in. However, As I went to take a shower, I grabbed the shower handle to turn on the water, and the entire handle came off of the wall! I asked my husband to fix it and he was able to reattach the handle (with only minor difficulty). The toilet cycled all night (annoying, when you are trying to sleep). The toilet paper was restocked so full, that you couldn't get any off of the roll unless you removed it completely from the wall. When my husband got up in the night to adjust the a/c unit, the entire front panel cover fell off! The furniture seemed extremely cheap, small, and uncomfortable. There was trash stuck in the peep hole of the door, which made it impossible to see who was outside the room. We were disappointed in the room entirely, but we were unable to give the hotel a horrible rating because all the other categories were satisfactory. We will probably stick to Hilton or Doubletree next time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I like staying at Courtyards in general, as they offer a good mix of business services and amenities, like an in-hotel restaurant or bar, so I don't have to leave the hotel if I don't want to or can't due to a busy work schedule.

This Courtyard is not bad, but I have also stayed at better Courtyards. It is definitely an older hotel, even though it was renovated. For the two nights that I stayed there, each morning there was a fairly heavy smell of cigarette smoke, as if someone was smoking right outside the window and the air conditioning was sucking that in. I looked outside my room, but no one was there. When I complained about this, the manager was very nice about the complaint, but basically said that they could not do anything about it, as it had something to do with the way the air conditioning and ventilation systems work.

Staff and service was very good, so that definitely helped. The Bistro restaurant was well stocked and had good food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very quiet area. Lobby is very nice with plenty of staff. Carpets are light colored and don't show any stains. Furniture condition is very good. TV reception is perfect on every channel I saw - this is a rarity for a hotel. The double beds and pillows were comfortable. The room was spacious. All lamps and electrical outlets worked. Thermostat was responsive and quiet when operating. I have absolutely no complains from staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family