“Terrible”
Review of Three Palms Inn

Three Palms Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Presidio
Three Palms Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Presidio
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We check in the Three palms inn at 11:00pm we were very tried and ready to go to sleep the first room the TV didn't work went to the office they gave us another room again the TV didn't work. So the third time they only had smoking left so we took it The smell in the room was terrible and I think the carpet was suppose to be green but it was black . the ceiling was stained from leaks the mattress was all spring's no cushion and the A/C kept freezing up.we had to keep getting up through the night to put the A/C on fan to thaw it out.I can't believe we paid 67.00 a night .I will never never stop in Presidio Tx again.
signed never again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank shannarutledge

Reviewed December 29, 2010

The rooms are clean but older with basic bed, tv and bath. Most cell phones have service at this location. (important for our work group). You can walk to food and at least one store from this location. This is not a vacation destination but you will get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank TexanWalking
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I recently spent three nights in Presidio at the Three Palms Inn. The inn is small, but has more amenities than I had expected given that Presidio is not exactly on any tourist route. It has a pool, cable TV, and wi-fi. The room was clean and well maintained. The only noise at night was from the pickups leaving the Border Patrol compound across the street. There is a restaurant next door with a pretty good breakfast and very good Mexican food for dinner. Overall, this is the best place to stay in Presidio.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Moonshadow51
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Imagine being out exploring Big Bend
State Park. You've been barbecuing, fishing, running, hiking, etc, and on top of everything you are sweaty and tired! We made it to Three Palms Inn and we checked into our rooms expecting to take a nice refreshing shower and be able to get a good night's rest. Well, guess what? The Hotel DID NOT have any TOWELS, and we tried buying some around town, but none of the stores were open. Everything closes SUIPER early. We are a large a family, and we rented 3 rooms, but none of us coud take a clean shower because the hotel did not have any towels at all. The office claimed that all towels were dirty. The peculiarity about this whole situation was that the room next to us had the curtains open, and we could see the hotel cart full of clean folded towels, but the office said they coudn't just walk in & get us some towels. On top of all this, the rooms are pretty much 'bare". They have no alarm clocks; no toiletry items; and NO towels. So if you plan on taking a shower, I recommend you take your own towels.

Stayed: March 2008
5  Thank slmcm
Reviewed January 15, 2006

The Three Palms Inn is on U.S. Business 67 in Presidio, Texas. The City of Presidio's website recommended it as the better of the two motels in Presidio. I checked in on Christmas Day 2005.

The staff (family-owned?) is friendly and accommodating. I asked for the quietest first-floor room available and was given one that seemed potentially so. Unfortunately, a guest in a monster truck kept driving in and out. The room's A/C unit helped drown out most of this noise.

The room looked quite nice, but a burnt-out light bulb and a drastically inoperable shower-control (workable only with much muscle) dulled my enthusiasm. Although check-out time was technically noon, I returned the next morning to my room at 11:50a and found that my towels had been taken. So much for a second shower, which I could have used.

I consider the operators of this motel to be typical of other merchants whom I met in this small, VERY isolated town -- friendly, helpful, yet comparatively naive when it comes to thinking about the "little things" that equal customer service. I would probably give this motel a second chance if I were in the area again.

60  Thank TBoneTX
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 20, 2004

I found the hotel clean and well cared for.The town is very small,it is a wonder that they even have a decent place to stay. Most guests were truckers and prospectors. The town is very quiet and the only activity to be seen was at the diner/restaurant next door.

It was here that I met local residents who gave me helpful advice and arranged tranportation for me. I liked it and will visit again.

26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio,Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2004

This is an older motel and it shows. The room was neat, the bed comfortable, but the bathroom needed a new floor. The tub needed a stopper and I saw a few little spiders crawling around. The pool looked clean. They did have a lovely restaurant next door though with delicious food.

23  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Three Palms Inn? Share your experiences!