“Very Disappointed”

Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pottsboro
Reviewed July 12, 2007

The website showed a beautiful resort. We were expecting a wonderful experience based on the photos and the prices. However, our condo was one of the dirtiest rooms I have even seen. The walls were dirty, the carpets were stained, the upholstered furniture was stained, the refrigerator reeked and the entire condo smelled. When we checked out, I left our comments at the front desk. I would have expected the management to have least replied to our concerns. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Sherry

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank razorback1190
There are newer reviews for Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center

Reviewed June 23, 2007

Stayed here last week and booked based on the photos on the website. We booked a condo (both sides the efficiency and the bedroom). But only by lucky accident......When I called I said I needed a condo or villa with kitchenette for 4 people. They said they had a condo with kitchenette and we went through the process of reserving the room. Just as I was about to hang up I asked are the beds queens or doubles? The person on the other end said, "Oh, there are no beds, it is a fold-out sofa" For four people?? So, he suggested that he could add the other side of the condo (the one with the beds) for $10.00 more. I am not kidding. Of, course, add the other side, we are four people.

When we arrived, there were ashtrays on EVERY available table and an odd smell, and the electricity was out on the bedroom side. I called the front desk - they assured me I was in a non-smoking room , despite the smell and 4 ashtrays.

It took 3 hours and 2 phone calls to get the breaker tripped and the electricity on in the bedroom side. I finally said, "If I go to dinner and come back to a dark room, I'm not going in".

There was no hairdryer in the room or clock radio , no clock at all, ??? $351 for 2 nights, seems like it should include a clock radio and hair dryer.

We stayed here before - in a villa, because the room they put us in that time was not at all what we reserved, luckily I had a copy of my booking with me.

Yes the people are very friendly and some of the rooms are nice, but the condo they put us in was a dump - imagine if I hadn't asked what size the beds were? I would have driven 3 hours for my family of four to share a fold out couch... Frankly, I can't believe they actually get people to pay for a room with a fold out couch only as the bed...?

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Blestwith2girls
Reviewed May 14, 2007

We booked Tanglewood for our annual family reunion. This was the first year for the reunion to be held at this location and it turned out to be a big hit! The whole family was able to find activities to fit each individual; not to mention, the condominiums we stayed in were beautiful. I would recommend Tanglewood for all occasions if you want a beautiful, relaxing and fun-filling vacation or just for the weekend.
--John Parfait, Bailey, TX

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2007

We had a weekend getaway at the Tanglewood Resort, in Pottsboro, Texas. The resort is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. The restauant and service was great. We got the Romantic Rendezvous package and upgraded to the Villa Suite w/jacuzzi. The food at the restauant was wonderful and the suite was perfect.

Overall I would say this is probably the best resort I have ever stayed in. We loved it and will be going back in a few months.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robgptx
Reviewed December 23, 2006

Very comfortable facility, lot of amenities, very nice staff, complimentary bikes, complimentary daily paper, complimentary coffee maker and supplies in room (must provide bottled water). The only complaint: drinking water is salty. Must provide bottled water in rooms.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank maribelturcios
Reviewed December 21, 2006

I absolutely loved Tanglewood. I stayed in in one of there Master Villa Suites, which was just phenomenol. I could not have asked for better facilities. The location was just what I was looking for to just get away for the weekend. Everything was perfect there. The staff was great, I work in the service industry myself so I'm very hard to impress, but I definetly reccomend this place. And I couldn't have asked for a better deal, this place is definetly priced right. The ammenities were just terrific, I loved the huge jacuzzi tub, the rooms was very spacious, there was even surround sound in the living room, the kitchen had everything you could need, washer/dryer, a nice big porch, and right on the lake. I couldn't have asked for a better stay, they definetly provided the comfort I was looking for. I look foward to going back. No need to look anywhere else b/c this is definetly the right place. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zach013
Reviewed September 26, 2006

This resort is a wonderful, family friendly place to vacation. The food was fantastic and the waitstaff was extremely kind. Throughout the entire weekend, people were overly helpful and always willing to help. The pools are a fun place to hang out with the kids and the grounds are beautiful for walking and enjoying the lake view.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Farmmath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Western Plus Sand Bass Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma

Been to Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!