WOW! I can't believe the post that was just before mine. My experience was exactly the oposite. We live about 70 miles from Tanglewood and were looking for a place that was quite, relaxing and would have plenty for the kids to do. That was just what we got at Tanglewood. We actually bought the timeshare about 2 weeks before our stay over Memorial Day weekend. After we bought the timeshare I searched the internet and saw the prior post. I have to say that my heart sank and I thought that we had really made a big mistake. Since I have spent my entire career in the Customer Service field I remembered that you can have a 1,000 customers who are delighted and 1 that is not satisfied but you usually only hear the bad reports so I decided to go with my first instinct and I am very glad that I did. I went with my husband our 4 year old son, our 10 year old son and we invited my sister in-law and brother in-law and their 2 children to go with us. We all stayed in the 2 bedroom villa and had more than enough room. The Villa was very clean and exceptionally decorated. It looked just like the model we had seen 2 weeks before. All of the beds were very comfortable....even the fold out couch. I was not expecting maid service in the Villas on a daily basis so I was very surprised to see the room cleaned each day. We LOVED the oversized tub in the master bedroom. When we were not down at one of the pools our 4 year old was swimming in the tub. I visited the Spa 2 times and each time was great. I had a facial massage and a hot stone massage. Both were very relaxing and the environment was peaceful. We rented a boat at the marina and took the kids out on the lake. Since we live in the city that was a nice change for them and the first time they had been on a pontoon boat. We had many opportunities to talk with the staff and each time they were professional, courteous, responsive and friendly. We are very glad that we have purchased this timeshare and can't wait to go back!!! I would highly recommend Tanglewood Resort. We feel as though we got what we paid for and more!!
The Davis Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the tranquil Texas setting of Tanglewood Resort. Situated on Lake Texoma, Tanglewood Resort offers the finest accommodations, a wide variety of exciting activities, excellent meeting facilities and an experienced, qualified staff sure to make your stay memorable. From excellent dishes from our Commodore Dining Room to a casual pool-side experience at Skooners Vacation Bar & Grill, Tanglewood Resort offers a wide range of resort amenities: Relax at one of our 3 pools or hot tub. Enjoy volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, or a tennis or pickleball match at one of our tennis courts, or sit back and relax.Located just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth and a short drive from Oklahoma, Tanglewood Resort provides the perfect setting for both personal relaxation and business retreats. The Tanglewood Hotel features 120 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms. Looking for accommodations that are more spacious for the family and family pet? Our 126 beautiful villa rooms will not disappoint with options from 350-1400 sq feet of space. In addition, the hotel is home to the reception and registration area, state-of-the-art meeting space, poolside lounge, gift shop, pool hall, and Nautilus Fitness Center. Built to overlook the Conference Center, many of the rooms feature breathtaking views of Lake Texoma. The two buildings are adjoined by an enclosed 30-foot skyway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanglewood Resort Hotel Pottsboro
- Tanglewood Hotel Pottsboro