“Staff will not help you”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pottsboro
Lighthouse Resort and Marina
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Thought to stay close by to camp. Its late autumn so no crowds. What I didn't count on was the 2 campers full of over grown children using a bachelor party to act like idiots. Quiet time is 11pm. You had to sign the agreement stating you will be kicked out if you break that rule. Its 11:30 Saturday night, the "children" start their trucks and open the windows and blare music. Then they start their dirt bikes and proceed to drive down to the beach and round and round the campsites. Thinks quiet down about an hour later. We go back to sleep. at 2:30am they start their stuff again. Louder and add drunk laughter and hoots and hollering. I finally had enough and go out to ask them to keep it down. they yell at me and get louder for another 30 mins then they pass out. Called the office to have this situation taken care of.
Saturday morning.....management calls and says they are so sorry. They will take care of it. they didn't. Saturday night they start again. Sunday morning the management calls to say that they will be banned from ever coming back. that doesn't help. No one patrolled the park the two nights this was going on despite management stating they patrol the park every hour. I will NEVER stay here again. I would rather go to Oklahoma and stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank 786angelar
Michael T, General Manager at Lighthouse Resort and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Hi Angela, I'm the G.M. of Lighthouse and was aware of your issues during your stay. The other 'problem group' was a nuisance, and we are sorry about that. They have been long-time customers and we haven't ever had issues in the past. That being said, I am embarrassed by your experience and want you to know that this is the exception not the norm at Lighthouse.

We strive to maintain our family-friendly atmosphere and enforce our quite hours on a regular basis. Our staff did patrol on the 2nd night (security was off the Friday). I made a trip through the property at 1:30am and spoke at length with the other group and made it clear that their behavior was unacceptable, won't be tolerated and would ultimately cost me a customer. Even though they painted a very different picture of the situation, I have no doubt that there were issues.

I understand that I may never get the opportunity to earn your business again. We are truly sorry about your stay with us and we will use this as a hard learning experience to better serve our future guests.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We visited Lighthouse Resort and stayed in 'Smokey's Place' a 2 bedroom, 2 bath cabin. Note their cabins are really trailers but their website doesn't shy away from that and provides pictures. Our cabin was clean, it did have a little musky smell I think coming from the air conditioner units. This cabin is great if you want lake side view it has a large wooden front porch great for morning coffee or late night socials overlooking the water. Cabin came with plates/glasses/silverwear, bed linens, and towels. I did bring extra hand towels, kitchen towels, and bath towels just in case. I'm glad I did as their bath towels were small and very thin. I also needed more kitchen towels than what they provided so glad I brought these too. They don't provide an ice maker in the frig/freezer so bring a bag of ice with you. They don't provide grilling accessories with the charcoal grill so remember this if you want to grill. Overall for the price I can't complain, there was enough room for 4 adults. Master had a king bed with bath & shower. 2nd bedrm came with 2 twins and bath & shower. Resort doesn't have a pool but of course has the lake right in front of your cabin. There is a small playground for kids close by. Overall good value and I would say the property is average to good. It isn't a 4 or 5 star property with actual wooden cabins but still clean nice property overlooking the water for a reasonable price!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cassbella
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took a family trip for Memorial weekend. Reservations were made by a friend and it was our first time visiting so I wasn't sure what to expect. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. We had a real cabin. We stayed in "Hulio" #14. It was a 2 bedroom, 1 bath. It was perfect for our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids). My husband and I used the full size bed, 2 kids used the bedroom which had 2 twin beds and our 3rd child used the fold out twin in the living room. My favorite part was the full kitchen. Completely stocked with fridge, stove/oven, microwave and sink. Everything was provided: plates, bowls, cups, utensils, pots, pans, pot holders, dish towels, dish soap, sponge. It also had table and 4 chairs for dining. The bathroom was clean and it came with plenty of towels. The AC worked fine, sometimes it got too chilly and I had to turn in up a bit. The TV has cable with plenty of channels. It also has a covered porch with table and chairs. The location of our cabin was little ways from the lake but not a bad walk at all. The park was very clean and surrounded by large trees. All park staff was friendly and it was very family oriented. The park has boat ramp. There is also a sandy beach area for laying out and swimming. We had a great time. The only small issue we had was our cabin keys were kind of tricky sometimes and didn’t unlock the door on the first try. So we had to try a couple times and then it would open.
This cabin is not lake front. It faces the road but it’s quiet and very cozy. We will definitely go back. If you are used to primitive spots, tent sites or shelter cabins with community bathrooms like what we were used to then this place is like a luxury suite!

Room Tip: If you are looking for Lake front or a view of the lake make sure you ask for that.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RachRmz
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited Lighthouse Resort last June 2012 and had a great time! We live in Arkansas but i have family that lives in Austin, TX and Lubbock, TX. It was a perfect central location for all of us to travel to with our own families that was less than 6 hrs away.
We rented 4 cabins and we were all pretty happy. 1 cabin had some issues with the air conditioner but the front desk had the maintenance guy come out right away to fix the problem.
For us, this is more like "camping" not comparing it to 4-5 star hotel.
The purpose was for all us to feel like camping, fish, swim in the lake,and cook out at night and visit with each other.
There's plenty for the kids to do, they absolutely loved it.
We are going back again this June and bringing our new pontoon boat. The resort has a very nice marina where you can rent a slip during your stay.

I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a place to spend with family and friends on Lake Texoma.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a large family gathering and rented cabin #23 and cabin #17 this past weekend. The staff was very helpful, understood our needs and made it happen for us.

Unit 23 had recently been redone and was very clean and nice. Beds were comfortable. Unit 17 was also a nice cabin. Not as recently redone, but perfect for our needs.

Had a great time and would go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank saholleman
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have seen quite an improvement with the new ownership. Our family rented #33 on the lake and thoroughly enjoyed the view, the cabin, and was impressed with the furnishings. We also noticed 2 new cabins to rent also on the lake. Personnel was extremely helpful and polite. This year we've seen many positive changes. The only thing we would like to see is the beach having some fresh sand. Other than that keep up the good work.

Room Tip: pick cabins on the lake, the most beautiful sunrise and sunset
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lorraine_1255
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in RV site 30 and it was ok. Thank goodness no one stayed in site 28. They was only 1 picnic table and only one bench...other bench was broke. The view of the lake was nice but if there was someone camping in site 30....your view would be gone. The site are flipped so if you back your rv in you don't get the lake view from your door, you face the cabins..aka the trailers. My husband was able to pull through our site and give us the view of the lake and drive through another site to get out. We got 2 razor scooters stolen from us Saturday night. The scooters were outside but placed in between our camper and our vehicle. I reported it to the office but and had to report to sheriff's office. Come to find out the marina and the Get a Bite was also stolen from or damaged and another campsite got their bikes stolen. We asked to look at the cabins and oh my....they are awful and they want a lot of money for you to stay there. The girl showing us the cabins aka "trailers" took us to the big one. It was two single wide trailer connected together. I did not care for that!!!! Overalll, the site was ok until my boys got their scooters stolen from probably a bunch of stupid punk kids. I will not go back however I will go back to the marina. They were very very nice!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TracyF1974

Been to Lighthouse Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!