“Listen to them when they say "Do you want all three?"”

Chapa's Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Post
Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Worth, Texas
“Listen to them when they say "Do you want all three?"”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Waiter said we could have one or two enchiladas. I said Menu says an order is THREE. If you want FULL PLATE, choose how many you want! He said.

We chose TWO....they charged FULL PRICE.

When questioned? That is the way we do it! Want to add a tip?

No, I replied " It was obviously more important to the waiter to talk us out of the food than serving it!"

Oh my.

Stale chips..salsa reminiscent of Bath Navy Yard Mexicanfrom 1975.

We fled!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TexRep

Lubbock
“Like a bad dream!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The restaurant was empty except for two other tables, as the ten of us from Lubbock, for a Post funeral, dined. We were seated at three long connected tables. Two of the tables received chips, so we requested one more basket for the far end table. After 15 minutes, we still had not been brought the chips, any silverware, any napkins (needed) or ice for our ice tea. Finally one of our party went to the kitchen and brought back silverware and napkins, bet no chips as they said the two she brought were enough for our tables. When the so-so food was brought out, we again requested chips for our food and ice for our tea.She returned and slammed a basket of chips on the table so hard they flew across the table. We never received any ice or refills for our tea. We asked for the manager and he promptly came out. After explaining our service, he said she had been fired for several customer problems earlier, but had been rehired because it's hard to find good help in a small town, and there hasn't been much business, anyway. Finally as we left, I went to the restroom. There BOTH urinals had plastic taped over them and out of order, and an employee was camped out in the toilet stall. Towel machine was empty and broken as well. Post must not have an operating health department and inspectors. It was like a bad dream.

• Visited July 2013
Midlothian, Texas
“mexican restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

So-so mexican food meal but the sopapillas were fabulous! If traveling through Post TX you should stop for dessert here, but skip the meal. Service was very good, though.

• Visited June 2013
Post, Texas
“Average Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Chapa's provides the small town of Post with a nice place to eat. The food is nothing out of the ordinary, but it is sure to please if you are looking for average Mexican food.

Visited November 2012
Post, Tx
“umm umm good!!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Tonight I decided to stop by Chapa's Mexican Restaurant in Post Tx. Very nice & clean atmosphere. I really liked that, well I ordered some Nachos and let me tell you what.... They were very delicious I mean really really good. So if your hungry and passing by or live in the area stop by Chapa's very well worth it. This was my first visit and me and my family and friend's will definately be back.

• Visited October 2012