“Salad Bar was a dissapointment”
Review of K-Bob's Steak House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
K-Bob's Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Portland, Texas, United States
“Salad Bar was a dissapointment”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

overall the food was average good not bad but the salad bar
wasn't anything to write home about. Service was good!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Deba F

“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had the misfortune of having a business meeting at the K Bob's Steak House in Portland, Texas. When we arrived there was an odd smell inside the restaurant, something like a butcher shop. We were shown to our table, and our drink order was taken. I got up to wash my hands and was shown the bathroom. I entered the bathroom to find it was apparently a sex club for flies and small nits. They were everywhere. The bathroom smelled and was dirty. I wanted to leave immediately, but I was committed to the meeting. I ordered a salad bar and a hamburger cooked medium. Well this "one trip" salad bar was disappointing. All of the items were flavorless and bland, but even if you wanted more, they only allow on trip to the salad bar... When I received my burger it was overcooked and dry. Out of the 20 people at our meeting no-one was pleased with their meal. Too bad this place isn’t better, Portland needs more restaurants...

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank HomerDelgado
Gregory, Texas
“HORRIBLE - STAFF”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

1ST visit, waited over 1-1/2 hrs.for food. Supposedly computer mistake. Was given gift card. We gave them 1 more try. 2nd visit. Inexprienced Waitress. Used our gift card, We were charged on our Credit Card full price, instead of deducting frm.gift card. They only added points on the gft.card.What's the point in the stupid gift card that was given to us the 1st visit because they didn't want for us to make a scene. We tried to explain but it just go frm bad to worse! The Assist.Mang. wanted to use our credit card AGAIN! AND the waitress stayed with our gift card which still @ this point had $20.00 that hadn't gotten deducted! Maybe she's not so inexperienced. The food well, the chicken fried steak was TINY compared @ most steak resturants the bake potato fit in the children palm hand. Plain, no cheese/butter- or whatever! WHAT? iF u wanted it loaded that's $.99 cents. AND THIS is a STEAK HOUSE? I DON'T THINK SO. The salad bar was so messy! as if animals had run across it. Drinks, don't drink it all before ur food arrives, it's EXTRA! 4 Refills. The staff is terrible! they don't know their job it's the worst experience we'v had. NEVER AGAIN . I will never recommend K-Bobs to anyone. One bad trip 2 this place Ok, maybe they just had a BAD! day, But 2 times it's time to say GOOD BYE ! 4 EVER! And then they wanted to charge my credit card twice, The 1st time they charged it was WRONG! FORGET the gift card we were given. HIGHWAY ROBBERY! ASP VISIT AT- PRTLND TX. K-BOB'S RESTURANT

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Aimee P
Aransas Pass, Texas
“A Sureal "Dining" Experience”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Years ago there was a K-Bob's near us and when one opened in Portland, TX I was looking forward to going there. Not a good idea. It was not crowded (should have wondered why) so when we came in the door we were immediately seated. The hostess station is just inside the door and the dining area is on the riight. In the middle, behind the hostess station is the salad bar...it's in a weird location, kind of like in a wide hall with walls on either side. Turns out the restaurant is vaugely "H" shapped (you will see why this is important later).
Anyway, the waitress brought the menues and asked us what we would like to drink. After glancing at the menu we asked "what do you have"? She proceeded to name the soft drinks, iced tea, etc so we assumed they did not serve acohol as there was none on the menu and no wine/drink menu... 1st mistake on our part. I might add the her attitude was really bad, as if she was doing us a favor by waiting on us.
After ordering drinks, we then started to place our dinner orders. All of us (3) ordered steaks but different cuts. There were 2 sides included but salad was not one of the sides...it costs an extra $3.99. I ordered a baked potato as did my daughter but she was beginning to catch on...she asked what was on it. The conversation went something like this; 'What's on the baked potato?" ..."butter and sour cream"....."That's all?"...Yes...."OK in that case I don't want a baked potato, I'll have something else"....."If you REALLY want cheese and stuff on your potato, you'll have to pay an extra $.99". This all was done with the same surly attitude. MOST steak houses offer "loaded" baked potatos with the steak...K-Bob's menu just said "baked potato". Why, when asked what was on the potato, did the waitress not say "butter and sour cream but you can have it loaded for $.99". It wa if you had to know the right questions to ask.
The food was not good; the steaks were overcooked and tough and the baked potatoes were warm, not hot. There was no offer of refills on water or drinks and after were done, no "would you like a dessert?"
Now comes the really weird part.... as we were leaving I looked on the other side of the building and there was a full bar. I didn't notice it when we came in because we were seated quickly and it was on the left side of the "H". You couldn't see it from the dining room. I turned to the waitress and said "I didn't know you served alcohol" response "Yes"....."But it is not on the menu and there are no drink menus"....."No, we don't keep the drink menus in the dining room. I you want one you have to ask and we will go to the bar and get one and bring it back to you". At that point I gave up and went away never to return. But, it is a funny, if strange, story to tell anyone who asks about K-Bobs.

• Visited February 2012