“HORRIBLE!!!!!!”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Portland
Dallas, Texas
“HORRIBLE!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

You would be better off sleeping in your car or on the beach than staying at this motel. My husband and I reserved this room due to no availability for all the days that we intended on staying for the Labor Day weekend at our perfered Hotel. The price was cheap and we were not expecting much, but this was UNBELEIVABLE. As soon as we opened the door which was nasty and rusted the smell of mildew hit us. The paint was severely peeling off the wall there were white stains on the head board the pillow cases and towels had stains The carpet was sticky and stained . The bathroom was worse.. the tub was rust stained and mildewed. My husband and I had to spend an extra 80 bucks on sheets, blankets, candles and cleaner just to make it were we could endure the night in the room. AND AFTER ALL THAT I WAS STILL BITTEN BY SOME TYPE OF BUG! The lobby and out side is Just as bad. I can not beleive that this place is actually in business.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't put a dog in these rooms!! It was close to corpus and wanted to go to beach and aquarium so with a 5 MONTH old BABY we didn't want right on beach so we went there. We stepped in room and the room stunk,tub was broken up,shower rod held up by a empty pack of cig and toliet was held up by news paper in back and front and to say the least the whole bathroom stunk like a man urnial The beds were hard and springs hit you. Went to get refund and refused!!! Ill never stay there again

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I travel a lot for work, and stay at quite a few "cheap" hotels. This had to be the dirtiest that I've ever stayed at. Everything was covered in grime. I was exhausted by the time I made it to the room, and the sheets appeared to be clean, so I didn't leave, otherwise I would've tried to get a refund to go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

After staying a few ABVI before that were good I thought this place would be great for a lil mini vacation with my girlfriend. Now the place does look a lil shady I remember seeing needles the parking lot but I felt no danger being there. The hallways were very dark and smelled....kinda fishy as in it literally smelled like fish but when you're that close to the water that happens. The doors on the outside all had rust spots once again I'm going to say that has something to do with being so close to the water. Our room was overall pretty good! We had a great view of the ocean, the bed was very comfortable, our AC worked very well, the fridge and microwave worked good. The bathroom was a bit dirty, the toilet worked but it took awhile at 10 mins too fill up so it could be used again. My girlfriend and I thought it was broken at first and there was a square hole near the toilet granted the person at the front said the hotel was renovating so ill assume it something to do it that. The breakfast is what you would expect for any other motel ya know cereal, juice, toast, honey buns but i enjoyed it and had good bowl of fruit loops. Over all the experience was okay for the most part, would I stay there again?........maybe but I would look for something else before staying here again. Its not a bad hotel but not a great one but if you're looking for something cheap and affordable I'd say try it out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy M
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I came here for business and had a room setup I looked at three rooms and they were all horrible I couldn't even eat my dinner The smell was so bad in the room they had roaches spiders that place is tore up The ground have trash all over Ask for a refund and they said that they could not give me one back Ask about another Americas Best Inn in the area and they could not help me they said there was none I looked on the internet and there is a few Around the area This place should be shut down and remodeled And the franchise needs to take away the managers license Would not recommend this place to anyone or my worst enemy in the world.

• Stayed April 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I needed a relaxing break and this was a great spot - close to the beaches and downtown but away from too many tourists. It's right on the water and sunsets are beautiful. The property's old but the rooms are clean and comfortable and have been recently renovated. It's a valuable bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for the water side rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I visit the TX coast often and stayed here because of the location right on the water away from the touristy areas. While the location is good, the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. When we arrived. we were greeted by a man with no shoes looking disheveled. After we checked in and got to the room, we found the beds to be off the frame and the room looking a mess. I went back and a lady there apologized and gave us a suite, which was a little better but not very impressive. Room was bigger and had a good view of the bay but that's about it. This property gives the entire chain a bad name and the family who operates it should have their franchise revoked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downtown Marina
Holiday Inn Corpus Christi Downt...
#15 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Beach
Radisson Hotel Corpus Christi Be...
#24 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Best Western Plus Northshore Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Corpus Christi - Portland
TownePlace Suites Corpus Christi Portland
Emerald Beach Hotel
Emerald Beach Hotel
#42 of 80 in Corpus Christi

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Portland/Corpus Christi? Share your experiences!